State Street Head of Product Insights and Services in Boston, Massachusetts
The Product Insights director will build out the new product services group within the Product organization, focusing on the industry leadership requirements of the global clients division.
The group will provide expertise to select global clients in the areas of 40 Act Fund Management, Financial Reporting, Treasury and Compliance. S(he) will work with the internal teams and senior staff at clients to understand their strategic objectives and how State Street can assist in accomplishing them. S(he) will tap into State Street subject matter experts to provide detailed assessments of their operations.
S(he) will leads discussions and working sessions with external groups and clients around relevant and impactful industry topics.
Reporting: SVP, Product Strategy
Location: New York, London or Boston
Advisory topics include:
- Fund Oversight – Think and act like a fund Treasurer, including advising on appropriate processes, technology, controls, and skills required to execute on required Treasury services.
- Financial Reporting – Expertise on ‘partner-level reviews’ of financial reports, including assessment of financial disclosures. Advise on controls improvement and automate check enhancements.
- Financial Controls – Expertise in internal controls over financial reporting, SOX program design, controls design and testing.
- Regulatory Filings – Expertise in preparing and reviewing various regulatory and financial reports, including expertise in process and filing issues and requirements related to such filings.
- Board Reporting – Experience developing and delivering fund board reporting, assisting and advising clients with such board reporting.
- Policy – Expertise in creating accounting and tax policies for fund companies. The ability to create and review such policies, and provide technical expertise/guidance.
- Product – Experience with ’40 Act products, including mutual funds, closed end funds, ETFs, money market funds and alt/hedge products.
- Fund Fees – Expertise in fund expense, fee waivers, AFFE and other fund expense calculations and controls. Assist SSB Treasury and clients with the process and controls around these fund expense reviews.
- Prospectus – Experience with prospectus reviews and control checks, to assist clients and SSB Treasury with the prospectus review process.
- Invoice processing – Experience with invoice processing tools and practices, to help optimize SST Treasury and client’s invoice processing leveraging Expense Manager and other appropriate tools they may suggest/recommend.
- Fund Performance – Ability to assist SSB Treasury and clients with Fund Performance calculations and reconciliations.
- Distributions – Ability to assist SSB Treasury and clients with the distribution calculation processes and controls.
- Fund Event – Ability to advise on fund launches, mergers and liquidations (e.g., offering documents, tax impacts, disclosure considerations, distributions, fee structure, etc.). Assist SSB Treasury and client with such doc creation and review procedures.
- Fund accounting – Experience with fund accounting, securities accounting treatment for fixed income and derivatives.
- General Ledger – Experience managing GL quality and efficiency efforts/projects.
- Data – Experience managing GL, accounting, security and financial data, to advise on optimal financial data strategies.
- Valuation – Familiarity with security valuation concepts and reporting implications.
- Tax – periodic reviews of distribution/diversification status with Tax; post audit debriefs; tax liaison for new securities/transactions/events (restructures) that would occur pre- and/or post-events depending on sensitivity and timing
- Act as lead for Product Insights Services for State Street’s global clients:
- Define the scope and approach for client insights
- Determine long term strategy and business case to grow the function within State Street
- Build team as needed
- Develop relationships and connections within State Street, who will provide detailed business analysis for clients
- Work with global clients to understand their requirements and map State Street solutions to them
- Build out base and premium insights packages that can be scaled to additional clients and segments
- Participate in client and industry forums and committees
- 15+ years in product management, consulting or advisory in mutual fund administration, operations and finance.
- Well known in 40 Act space with clients, industry groups and other external stakeholders
- Prior participation in industry committees such as ICI and client advisory boards on relevant topics
- Experience optimizing processes and technology for Treasury services
- Detailed knowledge of:
- Fund Accounting
- SOX controls
- Fund regulatory reporting
- Fund policy for accounting and tax
- Securities valuation
- Fixed Income and derivative security accounting and disclosure treatment
- Senior level gravitas, including Board experience
- BS or BA degree required; Master’s degree, CPA, or CFA preferred
Prior experience as Fund Treasurer, Fund auditor/CPA preferred
Posted 6 Days Ago
- Full time