CDM Smith Intermediate Human Resources Operations Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
CDM Smith is seeking an Intermediate Human Resources Operations Specialist to join our Corporate HR team. This individual leads and administers one or more of the following firmwide programs; relocation, background check, immigration, leaves, or e-Verify. Leads straightforward or conventional projects within the Human Resources Operations area(s). Provides direction to outside vendors to provide service and collect data; provides information to internal departments to follow-up as needed.
*This role would require to be in our Boston office 2 days a week.
Other responsibilities include:
• Administers day to day human resources (HR) operations, programs, policies and procedures. Advises HR team, managers and employees on implementation and execution of program guidelines, processes and procedures. Collaborates with internal and external parties to ensure adherence to the firm’s policies and/or procedures.
• Prepares, tracks and reports information for program(s) including expenses and detailed agreements/files by individual using a variety of methods including reports, spreadsheets and software. Prepares and maintains program data, including spreadsheets, files, paybacks, expenses and invoice payments. Processes invoices associate with the program.
• Uses current and historical reports and analysis to identify program(s) issues and makes recommendations for program improvement. Prepares quarterly, bi-annual or annual reports on program(s) for manager, HR team and key business stakeholders.
• Reviews program(s) to ensure legal compliance and recommends process and policy changes accordingly. Manages vendor relationships escalating vendor issues as appropriate to supervisor or higher-level management. Prepares analyses and provides recommendations to improve program(s) performance.
• Leads assigned programs and participates in other Human Resources project teams to improve processes, reduce manual work and increase efficiencies.
• Performs other duties as required.
Intermediate Human Resources Operations Specialist
• Bachelor's degree.
• 2 years of related experience.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
Massachusetts - Boston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills required as well as excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work with detail, oversee multiple priorities, and work with deadlines.
• Solid knowledge of human resources practices, policies, regulations, and programs.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs