CDM Smith Intermediate IT Business Analyst (ServiceNow) in Boston, Massachusetts
CDM Smith is seeking an Intermediate IT Business Analyst to join our Corporate Business Technology team. This individual will be working with business and systems partners to turn project requirements into technical specifications to build custom-formatted, fit-for-purpose solutions within ServiceNow.
Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, and Business Support
• Under general supervision, performs basic to moderately complex business analysis, process mapping, and/or develops work/products/artifacts.
• Performs requirements gathering, system design, prototyping, system integration testing, system installation, and deployment of business system(s).
• Provides user and application support of escalated IT issues as defined by the group’s incident and prioritization processes.
• Executes project tasks against an established project schedule, and reviews ongoing project status with IT management.
• Consults with other IT groups, provides business system knowledge and expertise as required.
• Work with management team and other leads to prioritize needs for business segments.
• Performs other duties as required.
Intermediate IT Business Analyst (ServiceNow)
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Implementation and improvement of ServiceNow modules – IT Service Management – Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Service request.
• Development of employee self-service a plus.
• ServiceNow administration preferred.
• Experience using Agile software methodology through the entire software lifecycle.
• Ability to collaborate effectively, take initiative and work as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail
• Maintain documentation and provide cross functional training.
• Process model documentation.
• Proficient in standard business applications – MS tools, Visio
• Proven ability to gather requirements effectively, document and confirm observations with business owners.
o ITIL foundation certificate desired.
o ServiceNow system administrator certification preferred.
o CBAP or PMI-BPA desirable
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Massachusetts - Boston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Business Analysis knowledge.
• Knowledge of IT Service Management applications within ServiceNow.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact up to the senior level team members.
• Good interpersonal skills - Ability to meet with the business and document requirements concisely.
• Basic knowledge of architecture frameworks
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Solid knowledge of project management and business analysis best practices.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Visio
• Ability to partner with business stakeholders to translate requirements to technical team.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
- CDM Smith Jobs