UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Lead Resource Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Lead Resource Manager
Travel Amount Required:
Up to 25%
USA - USA - Remote
Description & Qualifications
The Resource Manager will develop both direct and partner staffing strategy and manage project staffing for an assigned vertical/geography, acting as the single point contact regarding resource supply/demand readiness. The role will deliver high quality staffing solutions that ensure proper alignment of resources to projects, optimize utilization and support resource development. The Resource Manager will regularly monitor pipeline, provide full capacity planning and utilization analyses, and will propose solutions to address critical skills gaps and risks. The role will work closely with Professional Services Leaders, and will maintain strong partnerships with business development, partner enablement and internal learning. This role will regularly collaborate with other members on the Resource Management team to staff needs across teams and will work with partner organizations to engage third-party resources when needed.
This is a role that requires a highly organized self-starter who thrives on solving problems and has solid skills and experience in resource management. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong communication skills who must work seamlessly across different functional groups and regions.
• Develop staffing strategy in partnership with vertical/region leader. This includes utilizing direct and partner resources. Build and manage capacity plans to proactively determine staffing needs.
• Own and manage project staffing for assigned vertical/region by validating requirements, searching for candidates, and assigning resources.
• Produce & analyze resourcing data for Vertical/Geography, make recommendations based on the data. This includes forecast utilization, availability, skills gaps, monthly utilization reviews, trends/analysis in skills demand and supply.
• Proactively build strong relationships with resources, gain subject matter expert understanding of their skills profiles/developmental interests and work with leadership and internal learning in talent planning activities.
• Build strong understanding of UKG products, delivery methodology, and the roles and skills needed on products matching the right talent with the right project at the right time.
• Wherever possible, arrange assignments to promote the enhancement of employees' skills and development of competencies needed to support current and future business.
• Successfully negotiate staffing conflicts through creative staffing solutions and alternatives and escalates sensitive or high-risk staffing situations as appropriate.
• Facilitate weekly pipeline/staffing meetings with vertical/regional leadership to discuss upcoming pipeline and capacity, and to identify instances of resource underutilization.
• Identify and address headcount issues and skill gaps by reviewing reports to understand current state and pipeline, lead capacity planning meetings and making recommendations for training and mentoring.
• Collaborate with fellow Resource Managers on resource sharing opportunities
• Interpret sales orders and statements of work to understand products, roles, hours and delivery model.
• Use internal systems to collect and analyze relevant data on skills, availability and utilization.
• Maintain a high level of proficiency in the resource management tools and fully defines and utilizes Dashboards and reporting.
• Develop staffing processes for new businesses, new offerings and acquisitions in partnership with key stakeholders.
• Active member of the global Resource Management team, participating in improvement initiatives and standardization across the team
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Business, Computer Sciences, or related field
• 5+ years Resource Management experience required, preferably in a Professional Services environment, Workforce management industry experience a plus
• Strategic and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong business acumen, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and delegate to other operations team members
• Strong organizational awareness and change management skills
• Highly developed diplomacy, influencing, negotiation and conflict management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, influence and conflict management skills
• Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
• Strong understanding of resource management processes and tools
• Ability to drive resource metrics and analytics
• Experience dealing with 3rd party suppliers and a contingent workforce
• Working knowledge of systems such as professional services automation applications and SalesForce.com
• Strong proficiency with MS Office tools Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business, are talented, collaborative, and innovative problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people – both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers #WeAreUKG
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
Colorado, New York, Washington, and California Pay Law
The pay range for this position in Colorado, New York, Washington and California is $84,400 to $121,400, however, base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a short-term incentive and a long-term incentive as part of total compensation.
Information about UKG’s comprehensive benefits can be reviewed on our careers site at https://www.ukg.com/careers.
San Francisco Bay Area Pay Law
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area, the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $97,060 to $139,610 per year.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs