Amazon Manager Migration Architect, Enterprise Transformation in Boston, Massachusetts
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the Enterprise IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for an accomplished leader for the role of Manager Migration Architect, Enterprise Transformation (ET) in the AWS Partner Organization.
You would be an experienced and motivated Technical Manager that coaches, grows, and partners with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. In this role you will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with Partner Development Managers, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers by identifying and closing large-scale IT Outsourcing renewals with the partners. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You will enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology and be skilled at communicating technology strategies to EVP/C-Suite customers. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Position may require the ability to travel globally 25% - 50% of the time, as needed
Key job responsibilities
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• As a key member of the Solutions Architect management team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to Global Integrators who are considering or using AWS
• Define and execute on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners) to define migration pathways.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”
• Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
• Work with the team to drive POCs to completion
• Work with the team to organize technical workshops and facilitate the sharing of knowledge across teams
• Strategy & Innovation: articulate business/industry fundamentals (e.g., ROI, CBA, TCO); understand regulations and operational excellence; familiarity with business strategy and trends in the IT industry (e.g., CI/CD, IoT, Predictive Analytics
• Technology Breadth: demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
• Interface with internal leadership and external customers at the executive CxO level
• Closely collaborate with executive stakeholders across the organization, including service teams, Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Training, and Operations
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Jersey City, NJ, USA | New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline or equivalent
10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience
7+ years of experience in senior technical positions within the technical sales space, and enterprise solution selling experience
5+ years of experience leading and developing technology teams
Experience leading architecture for multi-tower global customer transformations in areas such as mainframe, SAP, and Oracle
Experience successfully partnering with and communicating effectively to C-suite Executives on long term, highly strategic programs
Demonstrated experience coaching, mentoring, and developing technical professionals
Demonstrated leadership and strong judgement in managing growth and diversity in a fast expanding, cross functional organization
Experience and ability to work in a global context with customers and colleagues
Experience with on-premises to cloud migrations, IT transformation, information security and risk management for enterprise customers
Strong judgement and business acumen in determining strategic vision and running a complex technical business
A Master’s Degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or equivalent technical degree
10+ years of experience with teams architecting and deploying complex solutions for enterprise customers
5+ years of experience architecting and deploying cloud solutions
Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
Experience architecting and deploying production cloud workloads on AWS
Track record of delivering organization transformation in support of digital technology and business outcomes
Enterprise Architecture experience, certifications, and building modern cloud strategies
Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $135,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $262,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Amazon Jobs