Ally Mechanical Claims Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Ref # 17073
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
Must be located in 1 of these cities (in-office position): Portland, OR / Seattle, WA / Dallas (Plano), TX / Los Angeles (Costa Mesa), CA / Northern CA / Atlanta (Lawrenceville), GA / Chicago (Schaumburg), IL / East Coast - DC (Fort Washington), Pittsburg (Cranberry Township) PA, Boston (Quincey) MA
Are you an auto mechanic, dealership service manager, service technician, a recent grad with auto mechanics education, and/or someone who has a love and passion for all things auto? The Mechanical Claims Specialist (MCS) role at Ally is perfect for those who love working with cars but are tired of the manual labor and retail hours that go along with it! The MCS partners with our selling dealers, repair facilities, and retail customers to provide support to dealers, repair facilities, retail customers, and financial institutions. Using their mechanical experience & knowledge, they provide policy assistance and technical claim support on the vehicle service contract program and other insurance programs (GAP, Tire & Wheel, etc.).
Actual Job Title: Mechanical Claims Specialist (MCS)
Pay: $25.50/hr = $53,040
MCS Training Schedule:
- 4 weeks, 8:30AM CST - 5:15PM CST, 45 min lunch
- Monday - Friday, will be assigned a 9 hr shift between 7AM - 7PM with 1 hr lunch
The Work Itself
- Leverage your automotive technical knowledge to assist selling dealers and repair facilities file claims using systematic listening and probing approach
- Respond to inbound calls and written correspondence from customers, selling dealers, repair facilities, and financial institutions to assist with policy administration and claim inquiries
- Achieve total customer satisfaction when handling contract and claim matters
- Check for existing case information through research, manuals, database or contacts
The Skills You Bring
- 2 + years' experience in automotive repair industry required; we love to hire auto mechanics, service or parts personnel from dealerships, service technicians, employees from auto retail stores, and recent college grads with technical degrees/certifications in automotive technology
- Strong mechanical background with ability to communicate effectively with repair facilities to acquire necessary information and provide world class service to our customers
- Problem solver with the ability to negotiate and make quick decisions while managing conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of computer basics and navigation of technical platforms; must pass virtual mechanical test as part of the interview process
- Bilingual French or Spanish is a plus
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation - or total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including: * Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting. * Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs. * Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially. * Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts. * Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Base Pay Range:
Incentive Compensation: This position is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan
- Ally Jobs