Public Consulting Group Medicaid Certification Consultant in Boston, Massachusetts
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals throughout the U.S.—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm is a member of a family of companies with experience in all 50 states, and clients in six Canadian provinces and Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
The Medicaid marketplace is changing, and PCG is at the forefront. We are looking for an experienced Medicaid Consultant to join our team and help lead our growth efforts. Deep Medicaid experience is critical, as well as experience working with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the new streamlined modular certification (SMC) and outcomes-based certification (OBC). Our ideal Medicaid Consultant will provide oversight and direction for scope, schedule, , quality, , communications, risk, and , stakeholder management activities, all while adding deep Medicaid and Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) experience and thought leadership
• Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Medicaid, CMS, SMC/OBC, and MES
• Conduct Medicaid System Assessments
• Help states plan for and execute SMC/OBC activities
• Help lead and provide expert level guidance on various projects
• Ensure planned results are achieved on time
• Work with clients, vendors, team members to establish and achieve project goals
• Address problems through risk management and contingency planning
• Plan, organize, execute, and monitor and control project activities
• Perform project assessments and report on project progress
• Facilitate meetings and present project information
• Identify, document, and/or escalate issues to appropriate levels
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree
• 5+ years experience performing project oversight and assessments for a large enterprise grade information technology initiative
• 4+ years experience performing performance metrics measurements and reporting to management and executive level staff.
• Demonstrated experience working with SMC/OBC
• Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and project management tools
• Ability to understand both the service delivery system for programs which are administered by states and monitored by federal regulators.
• Ability to understand and be an expert in complex federal regulations and requirements.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills, especially data analytics (i.e. ACCESS, SQL, SPSS)
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Ability to move projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
• Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience required and Master’s degree (MPA or government focused MBA) preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience
This position is remote with travel/onsite requirements. PCG is a remote-friendly organization and is committed to creating a culture where remote work remains a vital part of the company’s success. To be successful in a remote work role at PCG, you must:
be available during your set working hours
have a safe, private, and distraction-free environment in which to complete your work, and
be able to give your full attention to the completion of your PCG job duties
Some travel to the office or elsewhere may be required for team meetings, client meetings, etc.
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis until filled.
Compensation for roles at Public Consulting Group varies depending on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, the specific office location, role, skill set, and level of experience. As required by applicable law, PCG provides the following reasonable range of compensation for this role: $100,000-130,000 and a potential discretionary bonus of up to 15%. In addition, PCG provides a range of benefits for this role, including medical and dental care benefits, 401k, PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Job Locations US
Posted Date 2 months ago (12/22/2023 8:44 PM)
Job ID 2023-10031
# of Openings 1
Type Regular Full-Time
Practice Area Technology Consulting
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Public Consulting Group
- Public Consulting Group Jobs