Aston Carter Medical Scheduler in Boston, Massachusetts
This position is responsible for all aspects of established patient scheduling in accordance with department scheduling guidelines. Provides superior customer service to all patients, family members, physicians and staff at all times in accordance with the Customer Service Standards. Assigned to work with a clinical practitioner group consisting of physicians, physician’s assistants, program nurses and nurse practitioners and other care providers, the individual in this position will play a critical role in facilitating all aspects of patient care.
• Under the direction of the scheduling operations management team, provides appointment scheduling ranging in complexity from one physician appointment to multiple care provider appointments in accordance with department scheduling guidelines for existing patients.
• Obtains detailed clinical information face-to-face, by telephone or electronically.
• May provide basic information regarding the need for insurance referral(s).
• Provides general disease or program-specific information to callers/patients within the scope of knowledge and authority.
• Performs independent patient and outside provider call triaging and assists in directing patient flow.
• Serves as a liaison between patient/family/provider.
• Resolves issues directly or ensures appropriate management of call by others.
• Recognizes emergencies and appropriately responses using standard operating procedures and critical thinking skills.
• May be responsible for scheduling numerous complex research protocols, involving extensive interaction with those associated with in-house studies, grant-funded studies and industry-sponsored clinical trials.
• Carries out specific processes in the patient scheduling systems so that correct special billing and revenue processes function properly.
• Requires clinical, operational and regulatory knowledge of the standard of care or clinical trial protocol for the patient population coordinated.
• Participates in training for new hires
• Prepares, open, and close provider schedules and handles daily schedule changes.
• Conduct slide submission as needed.
Administrative support, Data entry, Clerical, Microsoft office, Customer service, Scanning, Front desk, Outlook, Filing, Administrative assistance, Calendaring, Support, Administrative skills, scheduling, hospital
Top Skills Details:
Administrative support,Data entry,Clerical,Microsoft office,Customer service,Scanning,Front desk
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s Degree in health administration or related field is strongly preferred
o Excellent written and oral communication skills.
o Knowledgeable of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel.
o Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with peers, leadership and external contacts.
o Must posses the ability to maintain confidentiality and pay attention to detail.
o Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and follow-through.
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Aston Carter Jobs