Lumen Principle Consultant - Pre-Sales - Flexible Location or Work from Home - Lumen MTS in Boston, Massachusetts
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As the Pre-Sales Senior Consultant, you will interact with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations, and follow-up discussions. The Primary role of the Pre-Sales Senior Consultant during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that SAP solution can solve the customer's problem and is the right choice over the other competitive offerings. In addition to deal support, a Pre-Sales Senior Consultant collaborates with the Sales and Delivery teams to plan and execute business development strategies using creative techniques such as Design Thinking.
The Main Responsibilities
• Support Sales & Delivery in planning activities to build the customer vision
• Research, document account and industry context maps, understand the account's business model
• Deliver executive workshops leveraging design thinking infusing innovative approaches
• Aligns with business stakeholders, discovers & documents business capability requirements / use cases
• Help qualify sales opportunities and identify the appropriate Pre-Sales services
• Deliver business workshops to discover and identify business needs
• Stay current on solution and industry updates in their domain leveraging SAP learning maps etc. Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions
• Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives
• Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing, and compelling customer presentation
• Conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customers
• Has broad knowledge of the SAP solution portfolio and the ability to cover discussions and provide a point of view across the relevant functional area
• Has knowledge of appropriate industries and can provide industry specific solutions insights and perspective to our customers. Stays current on solution and industry updates in their domain leveraging SAP learning maps etc. Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 7+ years of relevant functional experience in the following areas (but not limited to) of SAP Finance, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution and Logistics, Supply Chain modules, with a minimum of three full end to end implementations
• S/4HANA Implementation experience will be considered a plus
• System/Platform: S/4HANA, S4HC, ECC and Integration with SAP and 3rd Party systems/products
• Strong Process and functional knowledge of SAP Finance, Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution and Logistics, Supply Chain modules
• Deep process understanding in addition to SAP system architecture, analytical, and design thinking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, as this is a client facing role
• Proven ability to Prepare & Deliver customer facing presentations, including to CXO audience
• Proven ability to Research, document account and industry context maps, understand the account's business model
• Demonstrable success to Deliver executive workshops leveraging design thinking infusing innovative approaches
• Success performing hands-on work on and coordinate demos and POC's across cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to align with business stakeholders, discovers & documents business capability requirements / use cases
• Success to Qualify sales opportunities and identify the appropriate Pre-Sales services
Requisition #: 253094
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs