Citi Private Equity Research Analyst - SVP in Boston, Massachusetts
Primary Location: United States,Massachusetts,Boston
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Research
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18016993
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
The Private Equity Research Analyst is a member of the Private Equity research team which is focused on sourcing compelling private equity opportunities for Citi’s high net worth clients. The position involves supporting senior research analysts in all aspects of the origination, analysis, diligence, structuring, and syndication of North American private equity investment opportunities to meet the needs of a global client base. Investment vehicles sourced by the team include investment funds, separate accounts, investment club structures, and co-investments. In addition, the position will lead day to day duties on Citi’s advised fund vehicle, Private Equity Real Estate Collection (“PERE Collection”).
The Private Equity Research Analyst will participate in the investment process for new private equity offerings and PERE Collection, including investment underwriting/due diligence, structuring, obtaining committee approvals, syndication, and ongoing monitoring. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, highly motivated, and self-starting individual who is passionate about private equity, is comfortable working on multiple transactions at once, and has an analytical background.
• Origination, analysis, and diligence of private equity investment opportunities in North America.
• Analyze prospective investment opportunities in North America to assess the most attractive investments by sectors, investment managers, and geographies.
• Lead day to day duties on Citi’s advised fund vehicle, PERE Collection.
• Create and model financial projections and other analyses used in evaluating potential investments and private equity funds.
• Prepare and present investment packages to Citi’s internal investment and risk committees for new investment offerings and PERE Collection.
• Lead the creation of marketing materials such as offering memorandums and roadshow presentations as well as support distribution and marketing efforts.
• Lead the structuring of product offerings incorporating legal, compliance, and tax feedback.
• Create and author various research papers and bi-annual market updates.
• Assist with various private equity special projects.
• On-going monitoring of existing and prospective investment vehicles including reviews of quarterly reports, manager updates, and conference call notes.
• Respond to client/banker inquiries on existing investment products and product offerings.
• Provide updates to senior level management on an on-going basis as necessary.
• BS/BA in economics, finance, accounting, or related field required. MBA or Masters preferred.
• 5-8 years relevant experience.
• Background or previous involvement in direct private equity, private debt investing experience, or investment management preferred.
• Strong financial modeling experience, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills including PowerPoint.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
• Strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to work productively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and firm deadlines.
• Must be able to work as an effective, collaborative team member as well as independently on select tasks when necessary.
• Immediate need for position.