Amazon Web Services Product Manager, Technical, Broadwing in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you want to work at the cutting edge of big data, analytics, and machine learning? Are you interested in helping customers get insights from their data faster and with less effort? Come join us in AWS Analytics to help customers get the most value possible from their data.
Today, data lakes on AWS include a wide variety of data, at large scale, and across files stored in Amazon S3, data warehouses in Amazon Redshift, and real-time streams of data in Amazon Kinesis or Managed Kafka. Across a large enterprise, customers may have multiple data lakes that store data in hundreds or thousands of locations across tens of AWS Accounts which are managed by different business units. We are hiring a Senior Product Manager - Technical to drive the product roadmap for features that will help customers get more value from their data, faster. We will make it easier for customers to understand how their data is being used, and help them to rapidly get great performance from their data wherever it is stored, without the need to write lots of code.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big. You will need to exhibit excellent judgment, prioritizing between existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence. Candidates should be experienced business owners who are comfortable advocating for their vision with senior AWS leaders, and who can work closely with customers and engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality. We are a small, entrepreneurial team that operates independently, but with access to some of the top engineers in AWS. We need passionate product managers who dive deep and have shown demonstrated success in building strong business cases, managing high-growth, successful large-scale product launches, and driving customer success.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate on product vision and deliver features to the market which improve the customer experience of using AWS Analytics services.
• Write and present business cases (backed by strong research and analysis) in partnership with all stakeholder teams
• Define and manage near-term and long-term product roadmaps, managing trade-offs and competing priorities
• Develop the user experience, goals, stories and requirements that will be used to create product specifications.
• Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements and tools to quantify business goals.
• Communicate (both verbally and in writing) program successes, failures, lessons learned and mitigations plans to stakeholders.
• Be an excellent communicator, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
• 3+ years of product management or consulting experience in technology focused business
• Prior experience managing technical products or online services
• Strong relationships building skills; experience managing stakeholders and partners to drive cross functional programs
• Experience providing architectural guidance and direction, strong judgment especially relevant in balancing long term strategic investments with near term business goals
• MBA from a leading business school
• 5+ years of product management experience
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
• History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
• Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones
• Team orientation and willingness to roll up sleeves to solve complex, dynamic challenges
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs