Jacobs Project Manager- Ports & Maritime in Boston, Massachusetts
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here at Jacobs, we strive to use inventive ways to help change the world. Our solutions in Ports & Maritime help coastal communities thrive. Bring your curiosity, ambitious spirit and, of course, your talent for multi-tasking with a collaborative attitude and together we will help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Our New England team is looking for a Project Manager who is excited about joining a team of over 500 in-house ports and maritime professionals based in service centers around the world. Some of the focus areas for our New England team are Asset Management and Rehabilitation Design, Coastal Resiliency & Sustainability, and Development of Urban and Working Waterfronts. Each day you will get to learn, use and build on your experience in engineering analysis and design, work collaboratively with design teams and maximize opportunities in cross-business and emerging markets.
In addition to managing the project financials, delivery, and client relationship, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, planners, architects, and scientists to deliver complex projects across New England and beyond. You will be expected to interface with clients and subconsultants, give presentations and work on technical proposals.
This position provides excellent growth opportunity and professional visibility as part of a world class ports and maritime practice.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Substantial years of progressive experience as a Structural Engineer/ Project Manager in the design and construction of concrete and steel structures
• Manage the successful delivery contract documents, design basis, technical specifications, and other client deliverables
• Ability to guide and mentor engineers on design procedures and quality management
• Experience in preparation of construction drawings and specifications and leading design tasks
• Passion for working on and around the water
• Professional Engineer License (New England states preferred).
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET accredited university or college
Ideally, you will also have:
• Experience in the design, rehabilitation and inspection of marine structures and/or facilities
• Coursework in coastal engineering and/or interest in coastal resilience and processes
• Excellent writing and communication skills (samples of writing to be provided by applicants)
• Familiarity with international codes such as the Eurocode and British Standard
• Field work and construction experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs