Sedgwick (Remote) Claims Associate - Liability in Boston, Massachusetts
The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
(Remote) Claims Associate - Liability
IF YOU CARE, THERE’S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick’s talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets—their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
With one of the largest teams of liability experts in the world, Sedgwick supports and resolves property, general, auto, product and professional liability claims. We help our clients maintain brand protection in times of crisis.
PRIMARY PURPOSE : To analyze reported lower-level level general liability claims to determine benefits due; and to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within company standards and industry best practices.
Competitive hourly rates
Flexible work schedule
Referral Incentive Program
Opportunity to work from home
Internal career progression and development
Benefits eligibility and 401(k) with company match day 1
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handles lower-level liability and/or physical damage claims under close supervision.
• Supports other claims representatives, examiners and leads with larger or more complex claims as necessary.
• Processes general liability claims determining compensability and benefits due; monitors reserve accuracy, and files necessary documentation with state agency.
• Communicates claim action/processing with claimant, client and appropriate medical contact.
• Ensures claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
• May process routine payments and prescriptions and status reports for lifetime medical claims and/or defined period medical claims.
• Maintains professional client relationships.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required. Licenses as required.
One (1) year of general office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Claims industry experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Analytical and interpretive skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental : Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical : Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual : Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE : Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
As required by law, Sedgwick provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in (Colorado or New York City). Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and cost of specific location. For the state noted in this job posting only, the range of starting pay for this role is ($17.00-$22.00/hr). A comprehensive benefits package is offered including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401k and matching, PTO, disability and life insurance, employee assistance, flexible spending or health savings account, and other additional voluntary benefits.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Sedgwick Jobs