Restaurant Supervisor in Boston, Massachusetts
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
We are proud to offer a safe workplace for our employees. In the interest of safety for all City Winery employees, the Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (defined as 1 completed dose of a 1-dose series or 2 completed doses of a 2-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine), and encourage employees to receive their booster shot if eligible, unless due to a bona fide medical and/or sincerely held religious reason in which case a reasonable accommodation will be discussed unless it causes an undue hardship to City Winery.
City Winery Floor Supervisor is responsible for providing support to the operations team and hourly staff. He/she works to ensure smooth operations by handling walk-in guest inquiries, vendor management, and handling all aspects of floor maintenance & cleanliness. The supervisor also aids in setting up the closing management and service teams all while keeping in consideration smooth operations and overall success. The supervisor should demonstrate an ability to lead and motivate others, and achieve results. The supervisor should be empowered to make day-to-day decisions confidently both with guests, service teams and other departmental management.
• Prior supervisory experience in high-volume, fast paced restaurants or similar environment preferred
• Exceptional guest service and hospitality skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work both as a team and independently
• Ability to take direction, and communicate effectively and professionally
• Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing for extended periods of time, kneeling, stooping, use of stairs, and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work rapidly, especially during peak periods to ensure that all guests are being serviced properly and necessary operational tasks are being completed in a timely manner
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Technical Skills: Microsoft Windows proficient
Overview of Responsibilities
● Ensure restaurant and venue are fully prepared and organized for daily operation
● Resolve guest concerns and complaints in order to maintain a positive atmosphere
● Advise Operations managers of any guest issues that arise that need management communication or attention
● Ensure maintenance of property by examining areas daily for cleanliness and maintenance needs and reporting any needs to upper management where necessary
● Support the Operations managers including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions
● Provide on-the-floor support to sales / service for the duration of a service shift and manage day to day floor operations, including assigning server sections, overseeing side work, observing steps of service, and maintaining overall cleanliness/tidiness of the spaces
● Manage staffing and operations of private events, as applicable
● Perform all cash handling procedures: opening, mid-day safe counts, cash pay-outs and nightly cash drops, as needed
● Assist with staff trainings both in daily pre-shifts and monthly FOH staff service meetings
● Maintain pars of all printed promotional materials, comment cards, or other check presenter inserts
● Assist in interviewing, hiring, and coaching process of hourly employees, as needed