Proofpoint Security Solution Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
*The Role *
The Security Solution Engineer (SSE) is a seasoned information security expert, responsible for strengthening the security posture of customer information technology environments. The SSE manages the technical aspects of customer systems and is primarily responsible for solution uptime, availability, and problem troubleshooting. SSE’s are also responsible for the configuration of detection logic, technical development, and growth of security solutions such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB).
SSE’s must be comfortable and confident while engaging customers directly. As each customer relies on Proofpoint to provide critical support, knowledge, and security planning, each SSE plays a foundational role in customer security teams. Such a role will often require an SSE to explore and discover creative solutions to solve complex problems.
*Your day-to-day *
• Act as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for DLP and CASB products for customers and colleagues.
• Lead solution troubleshooting, upgrades, patching, and break/fix scenarios in customer environments.
• Collaborate with Program Analysts (PA) and other SSE’s to develop, configure, and tune policies/rules for customers’ systems.
• Ensure optimal system configuration and server tuning to future-proof growing customer environments.
• Utilize internal CRM for problem tracking and project development; inspect change requests for accuracy.
• Assist the team in meeting all customer Service Level Objectives (SLOs).
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, security news, and best practices.
• Participate in on-call rotations after hours and on weekends, serving as a point of escalation as necessary.
• Provide flexibility with schedule to cover job requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
*What you bring to the team *
• A proven background in Information Security or Network Security.
• Knowledge in corporate computer networking, technical support, system administration, Windows administration, Unix/Linux Operating System administration.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 4+ years of comprehensive DLP (Proofpoint, Symantec, McAfee/Trellix, or Forcepoint) and/or CASB (Proofpoint, CloudSOC/Elastica, Skyhigh, or NetSkope) experience.
• Passion to find innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to work effectively with team members and customers.
• Possess the creativity and diplomatic tenacity to challenge the current model to improve efficiency and efficacy.
• Self-motivated, with ability to manage and follow up on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to a variety of audiences.
• Strong time-management skills.
• 4+ years of comprehensive web proxy or email gateway experience.
• 4+ years of MSSQL or Oracle Database experience.
• Regular expression experience.
• Scripting or programming knowledge in the languages of Perl, Python, Java, PowerShell, or Bash.
• Vendor certifications in supported products.
• Industry certifications such as CISSP, Network+, Security+, etc.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint’s amazing culture.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
If you are a Colorado Resident:
Proofpoint carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary.
The hiring range for this position is typically:
85,750.00 - 122,500.00 USD
Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position.
Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://pfptbenefits.com.
This statement is being provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay and Benefit Disclosure requirements of sb19-968.
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Proofpoint Jobs