Amazon Web Services Senior Partner Solutions Architect - Operations & Maintenance in Boston, Massachusetts
Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the public sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by leading the strategy for the community of software companies whose solutions can be used by Public Sector organizations in highly regulated environments? Do you have the business savvy, business development experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider in public sector?
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders.
Come join the team as an Information Technology / Operational Technology (IT/OT) Partner Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS). In your role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and develop software solutions to support and accelerate AWS adoption by public sector customers delivering mission solutions for logistics, maintenance, repair, overhaul, and fleet management markets. You will work with other AWS teams, AWS Partner Network (APN) Consulting and Technology partners, and other stakeholders to deliver in these areas, with the primary goal of growing and enabling our customers using AWS for operations and maintenance, and growing the number of public sector solutions deployed on AWS. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around working to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, AWS partner development and enablement activities, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess the industrial business, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, operations and/or maintenance background that enables them to engage and interact at the chief engineer and CTO level, as well as technical experience that drives risk mitigation, best practice and trade-off discussions with program managers, engineers and logisticians, especially for defense. You will work directly with our ecosystem of systems integrators, consulting, and technology partners. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and building new AWS-based architectures for partner solutions; defining implementation architectures, shaping and responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Key job responsibilities
Serve as a key member of the Worldwide Public Sector team in helping to ensure partner success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each partner/customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
• Own each engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community
• Be a thought leader in the area of IT/OT convergence and Industry 4.0
• Work on building consistent approach and repeatable solutions for manufacturing and industry customers
• Understand the legal, compliance, security, technical, and procurement considerations and certifications specific to the public sector that impact your partners
• Work closely with business development managers to engage and win new mission workloads with AWS account teams
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
· 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
· 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
· Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
· 5+ years experience in engineering or manufacturing
· 3+ years experience in developing operational technology solutions, including but not limited to: operations/engineering, automation, smart factory, production and asset optimization, fleet management, quality management, worker safety and productivity, supply chain optimization, and/or smart products and machines
· 3+ year working with or for Defense Industrial Base contractors or U.S Dept. of Defense systems
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen
· In-depth understanding and real-life experience in operational technology (IoT/SCADA/PLC/ Industrial ERP)
· Broad technology experience across cloud architecture, applications development, operational technology, supply chain, smart products.
· Experience architecting/designing solutions in the area of IT/OT convergence.
· Experience of working in factory and plant floor and with relevant stakeholders.
· Experience of working with partners and service providers.
· Strong understanding of operational technology security.
· Experience in driving Industry 4.0 solution design and delivery.
· Experience in IoT Protocols (MQTT, AMQP, CoAP)
· Strong understanding of building and integrating with Cloud-Native technology such as Lambda, EKS, and S3
· Excellent understanding of drivers of manufacturing and industry business
· Presentation and white-boarding skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams.
· Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs