CTG Senior Technical Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Technical Engineer
Sep 15, 2023Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking to fill aSenior Technical Engineeropening for a remote opportunity.
Duration: 6 months
• Provides technical solutions, designs, documentation, and guidance, specifies solutions, and provides technical guidance at the highest level of technical direction in the development and deployment of new or existing technical solutions.
• Work closely with Technology management, customers, and support teams on a regular basis to lead the design, development, and execution of technical solutions that meet or exceed the current and future needs of the organization.
• Primary responsibilities may include infrastructure architecture and design, research, and development of new or expanded systems, creation of technology standards and policies, thorough analysis of user requirements and operational constraints, unit test and system integration, and user acceptance testing.
• Regularly and independently interact with business partners of varying associate and management levels to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements. Estimate the size of the effort required to complete complex, moderate to large scale projects where applicable.
• Coordinate vendor interactions and manage contract and/or vendor resources as needed.
• Mentor and coach less experienced engineers, technicians, and integrators. Review documentation, proposals, and changes proposed by less experienced staff.
• Seek to expand knowledge and understanding of Financial Services trends, practices, and technologies on a continuous basis.
• Follow and promote use of industry best practices, standards, and procedures.
• Maintain an expert level of technical aptitude and expert working knowledge of supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment. Maintain an expert level understanding of vendor products, services, and future updates.
• Assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
• Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the company brand.
• Maintain company internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• Combined minimum of 12 years higher education and/ or work experience in systems design, management, and/or architecture.
• Thorough understanding of the system development and infrastructure lifecycle and architecture, vendor best practices, IT Service Management, and systems design.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• Minimum 12 years advanced experience in a technical engineering position involving infrastructure design technologies, data management and interchange, system design and/or development for complex applications.
• Ability to translate complex business and functional requirements into structured high quality implementations using any variety of industry standard approaches.
• Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to complex problems and recommend the best solution to the technology business, and project teams.
• Advanced technical skills.
• Advanced analytical skills.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills.
• Advanced problem solving skills.
• Verifiable industry and/or vendor expertise in relative technologies.
• Able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with integrators, developers, and testers in the fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in team environment.
• Ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit and review requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size.
• Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of medium to high complexity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possesses effective influencing skills.
• Logical thinker.
• Strong knowledge of server/client and virtual technologies.
• Ability to master complex tasks with minimal supervision.
• Experience with project estimation and budget/planning activities.
• Able to learn quickly in a rapid pace environment.
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group are required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contactJamie Robinson at 919-389-8445 or Jamie.Robinson@ctg.com. Kindly forward this to any other interested parties. Thank you!
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. Its a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Programming & Application Development
Education Level: None
Work Remote: Yes
- CTG Jobs