Oracle Software Development Snr Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
· You have solid communication skills. You can clearly explain complex technical concepts.
· You have clear operational expectations from the system, and engineers, and can drive culture to form the go-forward basis for operational excellence in the organization.
· You have exposure to Cloud, SaaS, and virtualization concepts and performance concerns.
· You contain knowledge and have experience defining and monitoring system’s quality measures, SLO, and SLA.
· You have built tooling to improve reliability of systems, automated remediation of issues, and improving scalability of platforms and systems.
· You work backward, starting from the user. You care about creating usable, useful software that solves real problems and brings delight to users.
· You work well with everyone. You can lead a conversation in a room with designers, engineers, and product managers.
· You are comfortable with ambiguity. You have a strong sense of ownership and are able to drive development of new projects and features to completion.
· You are comfortable working at all levels of the stag
· BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience delivering and operating big-data application services and analytics.
· 5+ years leading high performing engineering teams.
· Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
· Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage, and distributed persistence technologies.
· BS/MS in Computer Science.
· Experience in managing large-scale, big-data focused operations organizations.
· Experience in managing network and security expectations, requirements, and operations.
· Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
· Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the stated location(s)
California Pay Range: from $121,900 to $270,000 per annum. May be eligible for bonus, equity, and compensation deferral.
Colorado Pay Range: from $112,300 to $243,000 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity.
New York City Pay Range: from $127,400 to $256,500 per annum. May be eligible for bonus, equity, and compensation deferral.
Washington Pay Range: from $142,400 to $256,500 per annum. May be eligible for bonus, equity, and compensation deferral.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
Short term disability and long term disability
Life insurance and AD&D
Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
Paid parental leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Financial planning and group legal
Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
As a world leader in cloud solutions, Oracle uses tomorrow’s technology to tackle today’s problems. True innovation starts with diverse perspectives and various abilities and backgrounds.
When everyone’s voice is heard, we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. It’s why we’re committed to expanding our inclusive workforce that promotes diverse insights and perspectives.
We’ve partnered with industry-leaders in almost every sector—and continue to thrive after 40+ years of change by operating with integrity.
Oracle careers open the door to global opportunities where work-life balance flourishes. We offer a highly competitive suite of employee benefits designed on the principles of parity and consistency. We put our people first with flexible medical, life insurance and retirement options. We also encourage employees to give back to their communities through our volunteer programs.
We’re committed to including people with disabilities at all stages of the employment process. If you would like accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability at any point, let us know at +1.888.404.2494, Option 1.
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer
- Oracle Jobs