Robert Half SQL Developer in Boston, Massachusetts
Description The SQL/BI developer will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of reporting solutions. This includes developing complex queries, data models and custom reports for data sharing and operational & analytical reporting. The candidate must understand all aspects of BI concepts.
• In-depth knowledge of business processes, source data and SQL language features, including creating scripts, stored procedures, indexes, views, functions and Jobs.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries, XML schema). Review queries for performance issues, making changes as needed. Provide primary operational support for multiple functional areas.
• Analyze, Develop and Enhance Data systems / ETL Jobs which include Data cleansing, Migration and Transformation (SSIS/Informatica) and Experience with reporting tools (SSRS, Tableau, etc.) desired
• Troubleshoot and tune existing data mart applications. Responsible for metadata and repository creation. Provide primary analytical support for multiple functional
• hands-on experience with shell scripting
• Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or technical questions.
• Ability to work after hours and participate in the On Call rotation.
• Assist in maintenance and code deployment to both non- production and production environments.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment where task switching is essential.
• Need to be self-motivated and does not require a lot of supervision.
• Knowledge of Java/JVM technologies /Unix/Linux is a plus
• Knowledge of Snowflake is a plus
• Knowledge of Qlik Compose is a plus
• Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned):
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
• Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Perform other duties as assigned by management. Requirements
Azure SQL Database, BigSQL, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Database, Snowflake,
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
- Robert Half Jobs