Commonwealth Care Alliance Sr. Director, Culture and Leadership Development in Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting to the SVP, Talent Development & Culture, and this role of Sr. Director, Culture and Leadership Development will implement strategies for leadership development, culture, employee experience, and diversity and inclusion for the current and next stage of Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA)’s growth. This individual will do this by assessing the current state and then optimizing core HR functions to provide a strong foundation on which to build.
The Sr. Director, Culture and Leadership Development will work collaboratively across all HR functional areas to develop and implement Leadership Development, Culture, Change Management, Diversity and Inclusion and Employee Experience strategies for CCA. The primary focus of this role is to ensure the organization’s leaders and employees have the leadership capabilities to meet current and future business needs and growth, and to accelerate business performance. The work centers primarily around the establishment and implementation of programs & frameworks including Leadership and Management Development, Change Management, Talent Review & Succession Planning, Career Growth Planning, Employee Experience/Culture and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
This individual must be able to keep pace with a very fast-moving organization as it continues to grow and feel comfortable with ambiguity. Collaboration with the human resources, and total rewards & HR operations, senior and mid-line leaders will be critical to the success of this role as the HR function aligns its work to the overall business strategy.
This position will manage one subordinate director and possibly other staff in the future.
• This leader will provide counsel to senior and mid-line business leaders on all aspects of leadership development, coaching, employee experience, culture, and diversity and inclusion.
• Manage and implement long-range plans of business leadership development needs.
• Provide insight into strategic frameworks & guidance for leadership development and leadership pipeline course development and implementation, leadership coaching, D&I programs and initiatives, and culture programs.
• Develop and implement Employee Experience, Change Management, Leadership and Employee Development process, providing counsel to business
leaders on talent assessment, succession planning and individual contributor and mid-line manager leadership development; Operationalize and embed outcomes of talent review process into current internal selection processes.
• Influence the depth and diverseness of talent. Ensure competencies align with current and future organizational needs.
• Strengthen D&I, development and career growth planning capabilities throughout the organization; align leadership behaviors and competencies that support our CCA culture.
• Develop and implement change management processes.
• Integrate programs and processes to increase the depth and quality of leadership, management, inclusion, and the overall employee experience.
• Develop and sustain programs, which support internal succession planning, potential and inclusion/diversity goals.
• Provide governance and strategic support for overall D&I initiatives, including Employee Resource Groups (ERG) with a focus around overall growth and integration of employees as a force that drives competitive advantage.
• Partner closely with the HR leadership team members and HR Business Partners to drive the cultural shifts needed to achieve top priorities. Identify and address opportunities for greater efficiency, agility and standardization that is consistent with CCA’s ambition.
• Collaborate with leaders and provide strategic advice on leadership development, change management and coaching needs.
• Partner with business leaders and the HR leadership team to develop and execute both short- and long-term organizational leadership effectiveness strategies that directly support an effective transition from strategy formulation to achieving results.
• Together with all human resources, help maintain a pulse for the broad employment issues across CCA to anticipate the impact such issues could ultimately have on associate relations as to when they manifest and prepare proactive strategies for addressing such impacts.
Demonstrate integrity by working with passion, commitment, and honesty, acting in the best interests of colleagues and members. Approach work in a collaborating and caring manner interacting with insight, sincerity, and compassion. Demonstrate accountability by delivering on commitments, owning mistakes as well as successes, and contributing to an empowering environment where the focus is on solving problems and learning from errors. Recognize and respect diversity in all forms. Strive for excellence in the fulfillment of CCA’s mission through quality, innovation, and continuous learning. Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and openness to change. Represent CCA and its clinical affiliates with professionalism. Keep current and proficient with necessary skills and knowledge. Self-identify training and development needs relevant to work area and responsibilities. Adhere to all applicable compliance requirements including but not limited to:
• Complete required compliance training in a timely manner
• Review Code of Conduct at least annually and promote and enforce CCA’s Code of Conduct
• Promote and enforce CCA’s compliance program
• Adhere to CCA’s Policy & Procedures
• Promptly, in good faith, report any instances of suspected fraud, waste and abuse; suspected privacy and/or security incidents; or any compliance concerns identified
• Ensure confidentiality of member and company proprietary information is maintained
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources management preferred.
At least 10 years of senior-level, Leadership Development related, operational experience, including leadership curriculum development, coaching, engagement, change management, cultural change and D&I leadership.
Experience designing and implementing HR leadership, talent, change management, D&I and employee engagement strategies in a large, corporate function preferred.
Successfully operated as an integral part of a Talent Management, Organizational Development or Learning/Leadership team, contributing in business areas beyond HR with the senior most leaders.
Strong HR operational experience across the function.
Experience in a highly regarded organization and experience in a fast growth company, with multiple operations is ideal.
Passion for brands and customers. Display an understanding and curiosity for the front end of the business and experience leveraging that knowledge when translating strategy to execution. Experience in a consumer business is preferred.
Passion for purpose-leadership and supporting a purpose-driven organization.
• Initiates and engages with senior and mid-line business leaders as a peer, confidante and coach. Develops trust and credibility with business leaders that leads to improved organizational effectiveness.
• Contributes to business mindset, needs, and thinking of own function or other functions. Adds significant value beyond his/her own functional area.
• Identifies ways to take functional action, which also provides compelling business value or clear business opportunities, which support growth.
Collaborating and Influencing
• Proactively engage all stakeholders, employees, peers and colleagues in other functions to build a rapport and earn broad-based support for initiatives.
• Negotiate with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both parties act as true peers and decisions are shared.
• Spend time identifying all stakeholders necessary, and meet or connect with all of them, neglecting no one, to shape a collective consensus.
• Identify opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reach out to those and/or new people
External Company Name: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.commonwealthcarealliance.org/
Actual Work Location: 30 Winter Street, Boston, MA