Charles River Laboratories Sr. Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (REMOTE) in Boston, Massachusetts
Sr. Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (REMOTE)
Req ID #: 137971
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Las Vegas, NV, US, 89115 Zurich, CH Valbonne, FR, 06560 Raleigh, NC, US, 27610 Malvern, PA, US, 19355 Edinburgh, GB, EH14 4AP Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 MADRID, M, ES, 28029 Harlow, GB, CM19 5TR Cleveland, OH, US, 44128 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Houston, TX, US, 77047 US Canterbury, GB, CT2 7NH Boston, MA, US, 02116 Erkrath, NW, DE, 40699 Hartford, CT, US, 06106 Brussels, BE Paris, FR Cologne, NW, DE, 51105 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Wayne, PA, US, 19087 Detroit, MI, US, 48201 Chicago, IL, US, 60654 Sant Cugat del Vallès, B, ES, 08174 Newark, DE, US, 19711 Reno, NV, US, 89511 Cambridge, GB, CB23 6DP Dublin, IE, D09 Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 Labelle, FL, US, 33935
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
This position will drive the execution of CRL’s global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy, to create and enable a workplace environment that delivers performance in the marketplace and attracts, retains, supports and develops top talent. This role will lead major, company-wide initiatives through subject matter expertise and project management. This role is expected to have significant interactions and collaboration with senior functional leadership teams, HR, Communications, Legal, managers & employees at all levels. Additional relationships include Charles River sites and other global functions, consultants, vendors, and marketplace professional associations/ organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual will leverage best practices in diversity, equity & inclusion, and collaborate on culture and engagement initiatives.
Drive Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Strategy
• Drive the execution of the CRL Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy with a focus on building a diverse workforce; fostering a workplace culture free from bias; driving innovation and critical decision making through diversity of thought; and increasing value to our patients and clients.
• Design a progressive diversity agenda by providing continuous strategic thought leadership.
• Consult, partner, and influence decision makers, senior leadership, key business units on workforce, workplace, and marketplace DE&I opportunities.
• Manage executive DE&I Council agendas.
• Provide centralized project management for significant cross-functional diversity and inclusion initiatives that seek to enhance growth and profitability.
• Consult, support, coach, and facilitate Employee Resource Groups including consultation and partnership on Workplace, Community and Marketplace DE&I opportunities.
• Build strong relationships with HR Business Partners in support of key initiatives.
• Manage initiatives that integrate diversity into core HR processes and people practices (e.g., succession, talent development, talent acquisition, manager development, HR compliance, Affirmative Action, etc).
• Support CRL culture rooted in the Charles River Values, ensuring that we are enabling the highest levels of performance and employee commitment.
• Identify, develop, and foster relationships with relevant external organizations, thought leaders, partners, and vendors to inform strategic actions.
• Assess needs and make recommendations on policy changes.
• Design and roll out training, education and awareness programs.
• Partner with marketing and communications colleagues to write thoughtful communication pieces both internally and externally.
Manage Tactical Action Plans and Measure Results
• Liaise with local ‘grass-roots’ teams and groups at CRL sites around the world.
• Provide oversight for Employee Resource Group key activities and maintain strong relationships with the Executive Sponsors.
• Oversee planning for a centralized calendar of cultural celebrations.
• Partner with the communications and marketing teams to ensure up-to-date internal and external web pages.
• Manage action plans and execute projects related to the DE&I strategy.
• Develop DE&I dashboard and review DE&I metrics quarterly to highlight progress and identify opportunities.
• Support the application process for external recognition awards and external benchmarking surveys, socialize results and create action plans for improvement.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or advanced degree preferred
• Experience: Requires a minimum of 6 years progressively responsible experience including 3 years leading diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
• Subject matter expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion is required and global experience is preferred
• Demonstrated success in creating strategic direction/plans and proven ability to deliver and sustain results
• Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion best practices in a corporate or academic setting
• Demonstrated success leading and managing large, complex, and/or company-wide initiatives
• Experience in leading change management/organization development efforts
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate strategy to specific actions with clear accountability
• Strong consulting, networking and influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of a matrixed organization.
• Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making abilities
- Other: Effective communication and supervisory skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook).
• Experience with Smartsheets is a bonus
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs