Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston Technical Support Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
Technical Support Specialist
Job Code: 367
# of openings: 1
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is a leading provider of wholesale funding for housing and community finance in New England serving more than 420 financial institutions across the region. The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to making New England a better place to live and do business, and our employees are integral to our success. As a cooperative, we are owned by more than 420 banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions that access tens of billions of dollars of our reliable, wholesale funding each year. Our funds are a vital resource that helps our members succeed, provide families with safe, decent affordable housing, and generate economic development that creates jobs in communities throughout our region.
Our highly skilled team of 200 is diverse, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about the work we do. We seek other professionals excited to share their knowledge, talent, and passion for our mission to join our team. We offer opportunities for career development, robust benefits, and a work-life balance.
Under general supervision the Technical Support Specialist supports the User Support Manager in maintaining an effective and efficient end-user computing environment at the Bank. The position acts as a problem-solver to the end-user by responding to calls, support tickets, and emails into the User Support Desk, including desktop hardware and software installations, upgrades and support, troubleshooting, evaluation, purchase, and support for Windows desktop and mobile applications, hardware, and operating systems. The position will also support the Telecom Admin, acting as a backup as needed. The Technical Support Specialist is also responsible for working with other User Support and Bank Technology staff on various projects and may be called upon to provide backup coverage for other Infrastructure Services team members.
As supporting skillsets, the abilities to collaborate and communicate well, take accountability, and the desire to aim high, while positively engaging and contributing within a team environment is essential to support the Bank Technology’s vision; “Enabling the Bank’s mission by delivering agile, secure, cost-efficient information technology solutions.”
Work Hours: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
This position is classified as sensitive and is subject to a credit check.
This role will have a hybrid work schedule in our Boston office in accordance with the Bank’s Hybrid Work Program.
· Provide effective and efficient incident and problem management in the ITIL framework to support the Bank’s users as needed. This takes various forms, such as answering user calls, logging work tickets, demonstrating timely incident and problem resolution, and proactively managing upgrades, builds and other team projects.
· Responsible for Bank-wide installation and support of all Bank approved PC software and hardware, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (365 Suite of products), IBM Notes databases and other office automation tools.
· Maintain consistency in the Bank’s user-computing environment between the Bank’s main office and its business continuity site.
· Documentation of procedures and “how-to” documents to the benefit end-users’ computing needs as well as technical documentation within the User Support team.
· End-user training on supported software packages, operating systems, desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
· Perform basic telecom tasks as assigned to assist the Telecom Admin including but not limited to resetting telecom passwords, assisting with user moves/adds/changes, and acting as a backup for Telecom daily tasks.
· Perform basic networking tasks as assigned to assist the networking group including, but not limited to, resetting users’ passwords, enabling locked out accounts and helping users to change and synchronize passwords.
· Responsible for assisting with the patching of all the Banks on-network desktop and laptop computers, assisting the group in maintaining a minimum of 95 percent plus compliance each month.
· Responsible for the updating and maintenance of the PC, laptop, and mobile device endpoint security including antivirus, malware, and encryption of data.
· Maintain professional relationships with employees at all levels, consultants, vendors and other agencies within and outside the Bank.
· The ability to work at our Westborough location on occasion is an aspect of this job. Maintenance and coverage at this facility is on a rotating schedule or as needed basis.
· Other duties, as assigned.
· High School Diploma is required. Additional education or certifications are attractive.
· 1 - 2 years’ minimum experience with desktop and mobile software applications (InTune), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including Apple iOS and Android mobile platforms. The ability to independently troubleshoot and run diagnostics is critical to success in this role.
· Basic Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) skills are needed for this job function.
· Demonstrated experience with computer network & client configuration.
· Current or prior experience in a customer service role is strongly preferred. The ability to effectively communicate with and help resolve customer issues or concerns is a core aspect of the job.
· Experience in a financial services business, transaction-oriented environment helpful, but not required .
· The ability to lift equipment up to 40 pounds is required.
· Knowledge of basic networking in a client/server environment.
· Demonstrated customer focused attitude, including building rapport with the user community, smooth delivery of high levels of customer service.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to create technical documents for both the user community and the support staff.
· Ability to quickly diagnose user reported incidents and provide resolution based on service level agreements or other pre-defined service turnaround expectations.
· Familiarity with ITIL based concepts including practical experience with incident management and problem management processes.
· Familiarity with endpoint management and patching systems such as Cylance, Ivanti’s patching tool, and Windows updates and Windows image creation.
· Strong problem determination skills including the intellectual drive to determine root cause.
· Windows configuration, troubleshooting skills with a command of modifying and customizing the Windows operating system with regedit modifications if required.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage applicants from every ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran or parental status and sexual orientation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.