Arup Transport Planning Intern (Available June 2021) in Boston, Massachusetts
Transport Planning Intern (Available June 2021)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
• Data collection and analysis
• Use of specialist software packages
• Completing and documenting technical analyses
• Report writing
• Attending team, consultant and client meetings
• Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Transport Planning or Civil Engineering with a concentration in transportation
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in transportation planning and/or engineering
• Relevant intern and/or research experience
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master's degree in Transportation Planning or Transportation Engineering
• Membership in at least one relevant professional organization
• Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
• Internship with transportation consulting firm or major transportation agency
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Harvard University Smith Campus Center
• Northeastern ISEC + Bridge
• Olver Transit Center
• Harvard Art Museums
• Institute of Contemporary Art / Boston
• WPI Foisie Innovation Studio & Residence Hall
• UMass Amherst Isenberg School of Management
• MIT Site 4 Residential Tower
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs