Charles River Laboratories Veterinary and Animal Program Support - Management in Boston, Massachusetts
Veterinary and Animal Program Support - Management
Req ID #: 83974
Boston, MA, US, 02115
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Charles River is seeking aVerinary and Animal Program Support - Managementfor Insourcing Solutions, at Boston Children's hospital, inBoston, MA
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Reviews and complies with all policies pertaining to the animal care program. Cares for and maintains laboratory animals in accordance with USDA Animal Welfare Act and policies, the “Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals,” and other applicable regulations and policies.
• Actively interacts with customers as required to solve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance. Serves as liaison between scientific staff and contract personnel.
• Trains ARCH Veterinary Technicians in the preventative animal health program and the animal health surveillance program, including specimen collection and documentation, processing samples, providing summaries, conducting written and telephone communications with diagnostic laboratories, serving as contacts for intra-institutional animal transfers and related responsibilities.
• Participates in Management staff meetings as well as Rodent User Group meetings. Presents at RUG meetings. Leads the Veterinary Staff meetings for rodents.
• Involvement with protocol compliance by ensuring an appropriate program for veterinary technician monitoring of procedures, training the vet techs as needed. Ensures that all ARCH policies, procedures and programs are conducted in compliance with all institutional, city, state and federal regulations and guidelines, including; AAALAC, OLAW, NIH, CDC, Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, USDA and the institutional IACUC and Animal Users Groups.
• Executes performance evaluations by determining the competency and performance of staff. Interviews and recommends selection of candidates for employment. Collaborates with the ARCH Director and Insourcing Solutions Human Resources and Operations to initiate and approve personnel actions including hiring, transferring, suspending, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining and resolving employee concerns.
• In conjunction with Veterinarians and ARCH Management staff, assists in developing an animal care program for exotic species, such as ferrets and snakes. Interacts with research staff for scientific needs, and to develop a training program when working with these animals.
• Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Animal Science; Masters in Laboratory Animal Medicine desired.
• Experience: Minimum of four (4) years of technical experience as detailed in the essential duties and responsibilities section preferred. Experience in managing staff, familiarity with the protocol process, and experience working in an AAALAC-accredited facility required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technologist level (LATG) or above OR successful achievement of LATG certification within one (1) year required. Maintenance of AALAS Registry status preferred.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs