Charles River Laboratories Vivarium Supervisor in Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID #: 214224
Boston, MA, US, 02116
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Explora BioLabs, an entity of Charles River, is seeking a Vivarium Supervisor in Boston, MA.
The Vivarium Supervisor will manages all operational aspects of the Explora vivarium facility including personnel, training, regulatory compliance, facility cleanliness and organization, customer relations, supply levels, animal health, and work schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Understands and ensures staff and facility users follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Develops and fosters effective teamwork with husbandry staff, veterinary staff and management team.
• Manages a team of Animal Care Technicians.
• Sets and clarifies goals for staff members; prioritizes and coordinates work schedules.
• Maintains and fosters good working relationships with clients on a daily basis.
• Works with clients to provide resolutions to operational issues/concerns in a timely manner.
• Reports all animal and personnel issues/concerns to the appropriate chain of command.
• Assists with training of personnel and other animal users.
• Assists with quality assurance reviews of the facility.
• Author and review program SOPs.
• Interviews potential applicants for open positions.
• Assures that facilities have adequate supplies for routine operations, reports requests by clients for additional equipment in a timely manner
• Conducts disciplinary sessions.
• Conducts/participates in performance reviews.
• Communicates animal health issues with veterinarians & alerts them to emergencies.
• Assists in preparation for regulatory and routine facility inspections.
• Maintains high standards of vivarium cleanliness and organization.
• Provides new client facility tours and orientations.
• Performs technical and husbandry tasks as needed.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 50lbs; bend, stoop, climb, and stand for a prolonged period.
• Leads by example in ways that exceed the expectation of the staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from 4 year college/university OR at least 3-5 years experience working in an animal facility.
Computer Skills : MS Office, e-mail,
Certificates and Licenses
Certified by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) as a Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) or required within 12 months of placement into the role.
Sets and achieves challenging goals.
Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Establishes customer service standards.
Monitors customer satisfaction.
Promotes customer focus.
Provides training in customer service delivery.
Develops strategies to achieve org. goals.
Identifies external threats and opportunities.
Must have reliable transportation to go site-to-site within greater Boston area within a reasonable timeframe during regular work shift.
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The pay range for this position is $73-75K annually . Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Research Models & Services
Fundamental to basic research and discovery is the use of in vivo models to help identify disease targets and determine potential biological pathways that regulate the condition. As the world’s leader in the production and distribution of the highest quality research animal, with 1 out of 2 animal models produced for preclinical research globally, we understand the importance of this step. With seven decades of experience, our expertise is unmatched, allowing us to provide you with the perfect model, including disease-specific and preconditioned options, for basic research and beyond.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs