HarborOne Bank Commercial Documentation Specialist in Brockton, Massachusetts
The Commercial Documentation role prepares a loan for closing once approval is obtained. This position is responsible for preparing and obtaining necessary loan documentation, assuring the file is accurate for closing and responding to customer inquiries during the documentation processes of commercial loans.
1.) Prepare LaserPro documents for new loans, loan modifications, extensions and renewals in compliance with all loan approval documents prior to closing.
2.) Second review of key attorney prepared loan documents to ensure compliance with all Bank and SBA approval memos and communicate with attorneys as needed.
3.) Review the credit file for open items prior to the loan closing and work with the appropriate lending officer to satisfy or mark as post-closing item.
4.) All other duties as assigned (e.g. coverage for other positions in department)
• Prepare Laser Pro documents for new loans, loan modifications, extensions and renewals in compliance with all loan approval documents prior to closing.
• Second review of key attorney prepared loan documents to ensure compliance with all Bank and SBA approval memos and communicate with attorneys as needed.
• Submit loans to SBA for approval demonstrating an understanding of the SBA E-Tran process and the Laser Pro SBA Module including preparing SBA authorizations, applications and eligibility documentation as part of the SBA approval process.
• Order closing documents such as title searches, etc. Work with third parties to resolve issues as needed.
• Accurately assist in processing and closing new commercial loans once approved, modifications and renewal requests.
• Review the credit file for open items prior to the loan closing and work with the appropriate lending officer to satisfy or mark as post-closing item.
• Coordinate loan file closings with Lending Officers and Servicing Analysts.
• Responsible for submission of post-closing documents to SBA (i.e. SBA form 159) if applicable
• Review file for completion and order any outstanding items not previously ordered.
• Prepare declined memos
• Work directly with Lenders to ensure all required documents are obtained for each loan closing.
• Maintain accurate spreadsheets of any ongoing information requiring periodic reporting and be familiar with all resource systems as needed.
• Responsive to all incoming customer inquiries and problem resolution, both internal and external, and respond or generate email correspondence.
• Act as backup administrator to the LaserPro system. Support the administrator with testing after upgrades.
• Demonstrate an understanding of all Banks systems and software applications that apply to the position.
• Any commercial loan related task as needed and other duties that may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in commercial lending and/or banking experience.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions/direction in the Small Business Administration Guides and the HarborOne Commercial Loan Policy is essential. Ability to read and interpret loan & legal document. Ability to comprehend UCC and state filings results. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write commercial memorandum and correspondence. The ability to effectively verbally present information in one-on-one and small group settings with customers, clients and other employees within the organization.
Experience with Microsoft Excel is required to include data management skills. An intermediate understanding of Microsoft Word.
COMPLIANCE: Maintain an excellent understanding of applicable regulations and laws including but not limited to; Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; and Fair Lending. Maintain an up to date understanding of bank policies and procedures as they relate to compliance.
Excellent organization skills. Ability to prioritize work and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines. Demonstrated attention to detail skills. Can monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Strong ability to compute interest rates, ratios and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to cope and use basis judgement with problems involving several concrete variables.
HarborOne Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
External Company URL: www.harborone.com