BAMSI Relief - direct care (Respite and ACCS) in Brockton, Massachusetts
Here at BAMSI, we recognize that our employees are our greatest resource! Are you ready to make a difference? Become a BAMSI believer!
The Relief staff at BAMSI provide direct care services to individuals in supervised residential and day services settings and do so in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity for those individuals served.
Relief Staff float throughout their assigned geographical area. Choose from open shifts on BAMSI Schedule Board. Minimum hours per month is 16 hours, but you can add more hours as your schedule allows.
Must have a high school diploma or GED with a valid driver's license in state of residence. Demonstrated interest, knowledge and genuine willingness to work with individuals with developmental disabilities or mental illness, including a desire for professional development and acceptance of training in the field of human services.
This position services ACCS and Respite. Available locations are Brockton, Bridgewater, Avon.
General Statement of Duties: To provide direct care services to individual in supervised residential and day services settings and to do so in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity for those individuals served.
Attend to the daily needs of consumers on an individual basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
Teach socialization and activities of daily living, including household maintenance; self-care and hygiene; self-awareness; menu planning, food shopping and preparation; money management skills/budgeting; transportation and community orientation; and utilization of community resources.
Administer and document consumer medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency and program procedures as assigned.
Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log; and complete all other ISP/DHSP/Day Habilitation Support program plan required documentation.
Transport consumers to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as requested.
Provide opportunities for leisure time activities and foster independence in the choice and participation of those activities.
Organize, develop and implement group and individual activities.
Ensure client safety and comply with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
Act as an appropriate consumer advocate and role model.
Provide a supportive environment that includes opportunities for consumers to determine, to the fullest extent possible, personal preferences for daily schedules and routines.
Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
Maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Perform duties consistent with program and agency policies and procedures.
Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Standard/universal precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
Perform other related work duties as assigned by Program Manager or designee.
• High school diploma or equivalency, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Previous experience working with individuals with developmental and/or physical disabilities preferred.
• Ability to record data using a computer, enter time worked into an electronic system and receive and send email required.
• A valid driver's license in state of residence and satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to comprehend materials related to medication administration, ISP’s, PBS and ADL programs.
• Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately in order to keep documentation up to date and understandable.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with persons served, families, service providers and case managers.
• Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 pounds.
• Ability to reach, bend, stand, sit and walk; perform fine motor activities.
• Work effectively in a moderate to occasionally loud work environment.
External Company Name: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.bamsi.org/