BAMSI Residential Counselor (Direct Care) in Brockton, Massachusetts
16 Hrs Schedule: Fri 4p-10p Sat&Sun 5p-10p
BAMSI. Essential employees doing exceptional work.
BAMSI is now hiring fun, energetic and compassionate people for Residential Counselor positions throughout Massachusetts. No college degree required, full and part time positions available, competitive pay, great benefits, job security & rewarding work.
Join BAMSI, where employees turn houses into homes. We are looking to expand our family, a team of dedicated human service and healthcare professionals who support individuals with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injuries, and medical complexities in their homes. Employees assist individuals with identifying and developing interests and hobbies, and becoming active and contributing members of their communities.
Tuition assistance and paid CEUs
Immediate access to your pay
Generous paid time off
Health/dental insurance, and more.
Fun and energetic team members
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Go to www.bamsi.org to apply.
*This position is union represented by a bargaining unit of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees. (AFSME).
• High school diploma or equivalency, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Previous experience working with individuals with developmental and/or physical disabilities preferred.
• Ability to record data using a computer, enter time worked into an electronic system and receive and send email required.
• A valid driver's license in state of residence and satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to comprehend materials related to medication administration, ISP’s, PBS and ADL programs.
• Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately in order to keep documentation up to date and understandable.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with persons served, families, service providers and case managers.
• Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 pounds.
• Ability to reach, bend, stand, sit and walk; perform fine motor activities.
• Work effectively in a moderate to occasionally loud work environment.
• Female Gender is a Bonafide Occupational Qualification for this program and only Female applications will be considered.
External Company Name: Brockton Area Multi-Services Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.bamsi.org/
Schedule: Fri 4p-10p Sat&Sun 5p-10p