Barnes & Noble Barista - Temporary in Burlington, Massachusetts
Title: Barista - Temporary
Location: MA - Burlington - Burlington - 2966
JobLocation: Burlington, Massachusetts 01803-0000
JobSummary: Barnes & Noble has a special place in the community, and this holds true whether you shop in our bookstores or in our Cafes. Baristas make the experience special by welcoming each guest and creating the perfect handcrafted beverages. They are also the first to try and experiment with new roasts and blends. A barista is the first step to a wonderful career, and we have plenty of opportunities for you to grow with us. If you enjoy sharing your love for coffee, then this could be the perfect position for you.
As a barista, you provide first class service to our customers with every drink you create and every cookie you bake, ensuring their experience is your top priority. You make the customer experience pleasurable and provide the perfect complement to any book. Your passion for coffee, creating inspiring drinks and your knowledge of the Cafe ensures that customers are delighted by the handcrafted beverages you serve and look forward to coming into the Cafe again and again.
• Deliver the perfect beverage that exceeds customer expectations with your ability to engage, build rapport, listen, and provide friendly, fast service as you go through a tailored order creating approach.
• Make relevant beverage and food recommendations ensuring an engaging experience with the customers that connects them with the right products to meet their needs.
• Ensure that the Cafe is welcoming to all customers by having a stocked bake case and neatly displayed merchandise.
• Take pride in the Cafe and place a priority on ensuring a clean and tidy environment knowing that cleanliness encompasses all aspects of the customer experience.
• Execute all operational standards correctly, in a timely manner and in accordance with the cafe standards, safety and health codes.
• Protect company assets by adhering to all processes and working efficiently to control waste and shrink. • Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
• Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines), and sales floor when needed.
• Passionate about the products we serve.
• Positive and can-do attitude.
• Enjoy working with people.
• Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
• Make correct recommendations for handcrafted beverages and food items that satisfy the customer. • Well-organized, efficient, and able to multi-task.
• Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
• Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
• Take initiative and consistently grow and expands cafe knowledge.
• Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
• Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
• Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
• Show respect and kindness to fellow employees and customers.
• Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
• Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
• Flexible and can adapt to an ever-changing environment.
EeoStatement: Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, hairstyle, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Barnes & Noble
- Barnes & Noble Jobs