Beth Israel Lahey Health Endoscopy Scheduler in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Under the general direction of the Clinic Manager, performs duties relative to the endoscopy booking process of patients requiring a procedure. Coordinates the various components of the endoscopy scheduling process including: interviewing patients to obtain their procedure preference date, special considerations/requests from the patient; entering this information into the endoscopy scheduling data base; scheduling procedures and performing other clerical duties related to scheduling patients to the Endoscopy, Gastroenterology and Colon & Rectal Surgery Departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Manages and communicates information through various processes, which include, but are not limited to the following: computers and telephone/paging systems.
2) Consistently maintains a courteous, helpful, and professional manner with all interactions with all customers.
3) Coordinates patient procedures with the anesthesiologist to ensure appropriate room and anesthesia availability.
4) Schedules patient endoscopy procedures into the Endoscopy Scheduling System promptly, in a manner that provides the best possible outcome for the patient, while abiding by departmental protocols and procedures.
5) Prepares surgical schedule for the following day and notifies anesthesia, endoscopy and other appropriate personnel of any patients added on the schedule.
6) Notifies physician, Endoscopy, and/or Anesthesia Department of any changes once the schedule has been finalized and sent out.
7) Coordinates any necessary arrangements with other departments, e.g. Anesthesia, Bronchoscopy and other staff and departments.
8) Mails patient prep instructions, diets, special instructions as indicated by test and, if required, order prep medication through Pocketscripts.
9) Assists co-workers when short-staffed and performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
10) Enters daily statistics into Endoscopy Scheduling System database with expectation of 100% accuracy.
11) Runs daily statistical and error reports from the Endoscopy Scheduling System database (Manage Case Records reports).
Education: Junior college or equivalent work experience in a hospital or physician office setting. Completion of Medical Terminology Course or relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Strong communication skills and exceptional patient relation and customer service skills are critical.
Experience: 2 years experience in medical environment. Familiarity with policies and procedures, understanding of scheduling requirements, medical terminology and knowledge of surgical procedure requirements, computer entry and legalities of signing consents forms with accuracy, and screening of medical and financial information.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs