Beth Israel Lahey Health Supervisor Medical Billing in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Under the managerial oversight of the Professional/Hospital Billing Manager, Professional/Hospital A/R Manager or Professional/Hospital Cash Manager, and where responsibilities are performed independently within established department policies and procedures, this position is responsible for managing the activities of the Level I, II and III PFS Medical Billing Representatives. Assists in planning, coordinating, and supervising the operations and functions relating to Lahey Health Professional and Hospital Billing activities and all training and education activities as they pertain to system-wide quality, improvements, and revenue cycle/systems workflow initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Under the managerial oversight of the department manager, plans, sets goals and objectives, determines priorities, monitors results and oversees the overall AR and staffing responsibilities of the department.
2) Assists in the review and updates of policies and procedures. Monitors staff adherence to set policies and procedures and assists in the monitoring of accounts to ensure and that government, commercial and private insurers as well as patients are billed accurately and in accordance with government rules and guidelines.
3) Assists in the oversight of training and education efforts of the department
4) Provides input in regard to selecting, hiring, and training of staff.
5) Oversees day to day internal staff auditing and production
6) Mentors PB, HB Billing, A/R staff.
7) Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Lahey clinical departments and administrative leadership.
8) Assists the manager in developing new workflows and department strategies for new technology, changing payer and regulatory environments.
9) Responsible for managing the following aspects related to human resources:
a) provides colleague skill and knowledge training, orientation and education, including re-training as necessary
b) interviewing and recommending final candidates for hire, promotion
c) within departmental guidelines, assists in the determination colleague work schedules and the reporting of work hours
d) assists in the evaluation of colleague work performance and recommendations of merit or other increases/decreases in compensation
10) Under the managerial oversight of the Department Manager, this position is responsible to assist with staff goal setting, planning, and monitoring performance results, reporting of key performance indicators, problem solving, ensuring employee competency, productivity and quality of work division wide.
11) Works with the department manager to coordinate the management of quality levels, timeliness in the performance of transactions, the resolution of edits and control of backlogs.
12) Continually strives for process improvement and efficiency.
13) Ensures that the division meets Lahey customer service standards.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience Required
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
3+ years in Healthcare Environment preferably in a professional or hospital Billing environment
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
The knowledge and abilities required to perform this function would typically be acquired through training and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor degree.
Three (3) years of experience in Professional/hospital billing or related revenue cycle field.
Comprehensive knowledge of the components associated with billing for a large multi-specialty academic group practice.
Excellent verbal and communication skills along with the ability to maintain productive and professional relationships.
Excellent problem identification and solving skills.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs