Marriott Assistant Manager Operations Rooms (NE) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job Number 18002PZ8
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Boston Marriott Cambridge, Cambridge, Massachusetts VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities of Rooms Operations of areas that include Housekeeping, Recreation. Laundry, Staff, AYS and Concierge/Guest Services. Position assists in working with employees to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures and to maintain the property’s cleanliness standards. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
• Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
• Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
• Understands the functions of the Recreation. Laundry, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, AYS, Front Desk and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities
• Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
• Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Providing for and Managing the Guest Experience
• Assists in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responding to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.