Biogen Associate Director, Epidemiology in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The primary purpose of the Associate Director, Epidemiology position is to work as part of the dedicated epidemiology team housed in the Research and Development, Global Analysis and Data Sciences (ADS) organization to provide expert epidemiologic support (conceptual, methodological and statistical) to stakeholders across the company. Duties include synthesis of scientific literature, design and analysis of observational studies (such as registries and post-marketing surveillance), and identification of opportunities for population-based disease understanding, safety signal detection, and risk management activities. The Associate Director, Epidemiology will interact directly with colleagues in therapeutic area programs to provide concrete deliverables to aid in decision making, progress the program, and meet regulatory requirements. This position will report to a Director, Epidemiology within ADS.
· 3+ years relevant research experience; 1+ years work experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or equivalent.
· Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry in general and specific to epidemiology; prior work as an epidemiologist in the pharmaceutical sector
· Expertise in the design, conduct, analysis, interpretation and communication of observational studies
· Expertise in conducting, reviewing, and critiquing epidemiologic literature
· Strong epidemiologic analytical skills demonstrated by expertise in epidemiologic analyses using SAS, STATA, R, or similar program
· Ability to resourcefully provide estimates of incidence and prevalence of health conditions, disease progression and disease-specific risk factors
· Experience designing and conducting data base studies for data mining or epidemiologic research
· Experience using longitudinal national databases, public use cohort study databases, claims databases or electronic medical records for epidemiologic research
· Working knowledge of guidance, legal and regulatory principles applicable to safety surveillance and pharmacoepidemiology
· Experience with questionnaire and case report form design
· Understanding of regulatory safety update requirements, pharmacovigilance, and risk management
· Close attention to detail as required when working in a pharmaceutical company
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting and employ a team approach to decision making
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Experience with desktop office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
PhD or ScD in epidemiology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.