PPD Associate Scientist - Cell Culture in Cambridge, Massachusetts
/This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role./
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
In this position, as an Associate Scientist you will:
• Expected to equally divide time between cell culture and sample preparation responsibilities
• Organize and manage cell culture activities for the Proteomics team with a specific emphasis on maintaining immortalized cell lines, and dosing cells with compounds.
• Cell culture specific responsibilities include media preparation, thawing and freezing cells, cell viability assessments, and cell subculturing requiring excellent aseptic technique.
• Collaborate and coordinate with proteomics team members on experiment design for cell-based experiments including selection of compound and dose, time point(s), and plate map design.
• Perform cell-based experiments according to SOPs using both manual pipetting and automated liquid handlers such as a Tecan D300E.
• Perform labeling with chemical probes in live cells including crosslinking compounds using UV irradiation when appropriate.
• Enrich proteins or peptides as required using chemical proteomics techniques or immunoaffinity enrichments.
• Process cells, tissues, biofluids, and other in vivo/human biological matrices for proteins and peptides using commercially available kits for sample preparation and in-house SOPs manually or with automation.
• Coordinate ordering, receiving, and storing of cell lines, experimental compounds, sample preparation kits, and all necessary reagents.
• Maintain electronic laboratory notebooks, analyze pertinent data sets, and communicate results to the team. Attend Proteomics team meetings and provide regular updates to team members.
*PPD Defining Principles: *
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
*Education and Experience: * Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: * * Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines * At least one year of Cell Culture experience is required. * Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks * Good written and oral communication skills * Time management and project management skills * Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities * Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
*Working Environment: * /PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role: / / / Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Organization: *US BU
Title: Associate Scientist - Cell Culture
Location: MA-Cambridge-FSP3 Cambridge, MA
Requisition ID: 192957
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs