Mathematica Business Intelligence Analyst (Remote Eligible) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Health business unit in our Chicago, IL; Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Woodlawn, MD offices; or remote.
We are open to candidates with 3 or more years of experience. The business intelligence (BI) analyst will provide excellent service and quality solutions in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of business intelligence products. The candidate must show expertise in relational database designs. They will solve real-world business problems by designing and building database structures, writing queries, and designing dashboards and reports that support various clients (federal, state, foundation, commercial).
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.
* In this role you will:*
- Work with project team members to meet corporate, project, and personal objectives
- Work with project team members to develop and manage database, ETL, and BI systems while ensuring high levels of data integrity and availability
- Work with the client to define their requirements, create prototypes, implement UX/UI principals, and demonstrate and deliver results
- Aggregate data from multiple sources in an efficient database/warehouse structure
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug new BI products, or make significant enhancements to existing BI products, both secure and publicly available
- Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into BI capabilities
- Coordinate with web development and visualization staff on best practices and design considerations
- Research emerging BI technologies to determine impact on application execution
- Contribute to writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
- Contribute to writing and budgeting of proposals involving BI development
- Troubleshoot complex problems and provide customer support for application issues
- Contribute to visualization knowledgebase, best practices, and lessons learned
Maintain current knowledge of relevant BI technology and industry developments
- Position Requirements*:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 3+ years of experience in Business Intelligence development
- Experience with the following business intelligence tools: Tableau, QuickSight, and Looker
- Experience with AWS storage, security, and database architecture
- Experience with data analysis using SAS, R, Stata, and/or Python
- Experience with data modeling and ETL; data warehouse experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and research possible solutions by working with vendors, online resources, and other SMEs
- Strong team working skills, including with non-technical team members
- Analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills *
- Nice-to-Have Skills:*
- Experience with the following business intelligence tools: PowerBI, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Business Objects, and/or OBIEE
- Experience with visualization design methodology
- Experience with user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Experience with data management and governance
- Experience with health care data, including claims, beneficiary, provider, enrollment, plan and/or quality measurement data. Specifically, experience with Medicaid and/or Commercial health care data is preferred.**
- Experience with human-centered design **
- Experience with designing solutions to cater to various audiences including analysts, data scientists, researchers, and executives**
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience with quality assurance and quality control involving BI functionality and data
- Experience with proposal writing and budgeting related to BI implementation
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $70,000 – 100,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
- /In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance./*
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
- Available Locations: Chicago, IL; Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Woodlawn, MD; or remote*
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs