Harvard University Coordinator I (HR) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
50288BRAuto req ID:50288BRJob Code:404034 Coordinator I (HR) Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Human Resources CoordinatorSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:054Time Status:Full-time Union:98 - Non-Union Non-Exempt incl GF Basic Qualifications:3+ years of related professional Human Resources experience.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter with your application.
Any applicant wishing to be considered for this position must indicate that they meet all of the basic qualifications in either the cover letter or resume.
Additional Qualifications:Bachelor's degree preferred; Previous experience working in human resources in a higher education environment strongly preferred; exceptional attention to detail and customer service orientation. Experience with human resources information systems strongly preferred as is familiarity with related federal and state employment laws. A background in managing/processing HRIS transactions desirable. Additional Information:
HGSE is a diverse community of learners, teachers, and employees who are passionate about changing the world through education and striving for maximum impact in the field of education.
HGSE Human Resources values diversity in all forms, and believes that each employee brings a set of diverse experiences and identities to the workplace that makes us stronger, encourages innovation, and enhances our collective contributions. We continue to develop and support a workforce that reflects the diversity of those we serve; fosters an environment that allows each individual to belong and to bring their best self to work; and creates the conditions that empower employees to contribute their full potential to advancing the work of the school.
We do this by:
• Hiring and retaining staff reflecting the diversity of those we serve;
• Providing employees opportunities to learn, grow, and be challenged;
• Reviewing and ensuring fairness and equity in HR practices and policies including but not limited to hiring, promotion, and compensation;
• Developing strong relationships and partnerships internal and external to our community to advance diversity and inclusion;
• Communicating transparently and respectfully; and
• Fostering an inclusive, respectful, and professional work environment
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Department:Human ResourcesPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Human Resources Job-Specific Responsibilities:Duties and responsibilities:
• Customer Service: Shares responsibility for general office upkeep and for providing exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers. Greet visitors, answer and triage calls, and provide accurate information on any related questions, remaining professional and respectful at all times. This includes knowing, understanding, and interpreting policy as appropriate. Escalate questions as needed and appropriate. Handles highly sensitive data and materials and ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Payroll – Shares responsibility for processing employee transactions and related activity. Create and prepare any changes to staff job data for approval. Drafts related correspondence/documentation for signature. Oversees and manages weekly time and labor audit processes to ensure compliance with policies and laws. Serve as back-up approver of all transactions as needed. Partners with the Associate Director and HR Administrator to provide assistance in HRIS activities such as annual salary increase processes for Administrative and union staff. Prepares materials and letters related to leaves of absences and ensure we are compliant with legal requirements and related policies. Takes the lead on managing the temporary staff payroll as it relates to HR. Partners with the Assistant Director to implement and manage our new contingent workforce program. Serves as back-up on all related payroll matters for the Human Resources Administrator as needed.
• Recruitment – Support recruitment by serving as the first point of contact for potential applicants. Post jobs internally, researches and identifies outreach opportunities, schedules interviews and facilitates new hire paperwork including work authorization and offer letters. Processes new hires and ensures all information is up to date and accurate for on-boarding. Updates applicant tracking system with candidate status.
• Onboarding – Provide logistical support for a new on-boarding program. Schedules meeting for new employees with HR and other related HGSE staff as needed. Review new employee records and ensures that all documentation and data is included. Ensure that all new hires have appropriate access by their first day as able. May schedule new employees for new hire orientation.
• Events & Training – Provide logistical support for training and events held by HR including room scheduling, catering, tracking RSVP’s, confirmations, and follow up surveys. Partner with the Associate Director of HR on administering HGSE’s Reward and Recognition program, Harvard University’s Milestone Recognition Program, and the annual Harvard Heroes program. Provide insight and contributes to improvements in the program(s) and prepares Power Points and other documents and correspondence as needed.
• General Administrative duties: Updates and maintain personnel files, manages department filing including assisting with records retention management, and maintains job board. Responsible for managing and updating the HR website including archiving old information, creating new content, and updating information. Order supplies and manages the financial processing in the office. As a key member of a small but effective HR team, is involved in discussions about and administers actions relating to employee, labor relations issues, and other sensitive and confidential personnel issues.
• Partner with the Assistant Dean on others on projects including improvements for the office that support the entire HGSE community.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.School/Unit:Harvard Graduate School of Education EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.