Lockheed Martin Engineering Manager / Energy Storage / Cambridge, MA in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Description: Lockheed Martin Energy is pioneering long-duration energy storage systems, based on proprietary chemistry, to enable the widespread adoption of renewable power generation, and enhance the resilience of the electric grid.
We seek a well-qualified engineering manager to help commercialize these revolutionary products. The successful candidate will be an accomplished technical contributor as well as a seasoned leader. He or she will bring significant product development experience to the role, from requirements analysis through architecture definition, concept development, detailed design, and market introduction. The engineering manager will have a refined sense of manufacturability and supportability, and drive solutions which meet performance and cost targets concurrently.
Additionally, the engineering manager will provide functional leadership to electrical, software, and controls engineers, with responsibility for recruiting, staff development, and project assignment. The manager will promote processes and practices which foster collaboration, efficiency, innovation, and accountability.
As a member of the technical leadership team, the engineering manager will contribute to the development of technology and business strategies and product roadmaps. The manager will also be expected to engage with customers, suppliers, academics, and industry consortia to build awareness and advocacy for Lockheed Martin Energy.
We offer a continuous learning environment with exceptional career growth and advancement opportunities.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Just across the Charles River from Boston, Cambridge offers abundant educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities. LM Energy is located near Fresh Pond and the Alewife MBTA Station, a major transit hub with service to Boston and adjacent communities. Whether you prefer living in the city, near the ocean, or in a quaint New England town, you will find a home here.
- BS in engineering or science
- Demonstrated product development experience
- The ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Team leadership experience and a genuine commitment to staff development through coaching, mentoring, and identification of growth opportunities
- An advanced technical degree is preferred
- 10+ years of product development experience is preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of grid-tied energy storage systems, batteries, and other electrochemical energy conversion devices, although candidates with relevant hardware and software experience outside of this area are also sought
- As product and life-cycle cost are key determinants of market acceptability, experience in designing new products to achieve aggressive targets for first cost and operation and maintenance (O&M) is highly desirable
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.