Harvard University Fac & Op Professional (N) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
45903BRAuto req ID:45903BRJob Code:405005 Fac & Op Professional (N) Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Facilities ManagerSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:056Time Status:Full-time Union:97 - Non-Union,Statutory Supervisor Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications
5 years of experience in facilities management, or an equivalent combination of professional certification, education, experience in facilities management /contract service management. Must be available to respond to emergency calls during non-business hours, determine appropriate response and dispatch staff and vendors as the situation warrants. This position is considered essential staff, requiring site presence during building and weather emergencies.
• Able to climb, and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
• Lift up to 80 pounds.
• Ability to push and pull
• Stand and Walk up to 4-6 hours per day
• Climb ladders, stairs and scaffolding
• Bend, Stoop, Kneel
• Stamina for prolonged or short term physical exertions
Candidates wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Candidates wishing to be considered must indicate meeting basic qualifications in either their cover letter or resume.
Additional Qualifications:Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management or Engineering. Must have a proven record of engaging in a diverse multi-disciplined staff and developing high performance work teams. We are looking for a candidate who exemplifies a high level of energy and enthusiasm in the day-to-day performance of work. Ability to work effectively in a busy environment. Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, Outlook), analytical skills and knowledge of data collection and analyses. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituencies. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the University. The ability to organize, prioritize and perform under pressure in both a public and internal administrative capacity
Additional Information:We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.eduDepartment:OperationsPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Facilities Duties & Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Facilities at the Harvard University Graduate School of Education (HGSE) the Facilities Manager primary responsibilities will be supervising staff and managing all aspects of contracted services. Communicates with various faculty, staff and students to ensure their satisfaction with these services as it relates to the standards of the contracts. Monitors the performance of staff and vendors to ensure the highest quality service with the best value, creates performance matrixes and benchmarks against industry standards.
This position also works closely with the entire Facilities staff to oversee and assist with day-to-day activities associated with the maintenance, repair and general operation of the campus which may include; making recommendations to improve operations, planning and scheduling of work requests and monitoring work requests.
The position requires dealing with a wide range of complex administrative and technical tasks where frequent independent interpretation and decision making is required. It requires face to face, telephone and written communications with all levels of the University community and a wide spectrum of outside agencies, schools and vendors. Requires the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform under pressure in both an internal departmental contact and client capacity. The position directly affects the effectiveness of the Facilities Department.
Responsible of the following, but not limited to:
• Directly supervises HUCTW staff. Prioritizes, directs and assigns work to be performed. Ensures work is completed correctly and in timely manner. Meets regularly to review upcoming project work. Conducts and evaluates mid-year and annual performance reviews.
• Manages the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) programs. Supervise management of the Preventive Maintenance Programs and Quality Assurance of work orders (Service Request and Preventive Maintenance).
• Leveraging the CMMS analyze and report on data to support management decisions and workload distribution; refining and implementing a strong planning and scheduling function focused on developing and executing preventive and deferred maintenance of equipment, space, and infrastructure
• Manages and schedules in the CMMS all contracted trades, vendors, other university departments providing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) / Life Safety Fire Alarm, Fire Protection. Locks/Keys, Access Control System, Energy Management System, Landscape & Trash/Recycle, Carpentry, Paint, and other services to the HGSE. Manages various service contracts and evaluates vendor performance
• Monitors service contracts to assure proper and efficient operation of building systems and equipment. Reviews all daily work requests in the CMMS , ranks them in response priority, assigns jobs to the appropriate vendor, and oversees the timely and successful completion.
• Prepares work schedules in the CMMS for all projects. Continually monitors the performance of vendors and assures highest quality service and best value. Must be proficient in record keeping and reporting for all R&M procedures, assessing efficiency and making recommendations to enhance performance and comfort.
• Help in investigating, establishing and monitor Key Performance Indicators, Staffing Metrics, and Department Balance Scorecards.
• And other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities - OperationsSchool/Unit:Harvard Graduate School of Education EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.