Mathematica Lead Software Engineer (Drupal) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our Systems & Technology within the Human Services business unit. This position is open in our offices located in Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; or working full-time remotely. We are open to candidates with at least seven years of experience leading the development and design of web applications and websites using a variety of technologies including Drupal. You will collaborate with project teams and will be self-driven to learn, push new ideas, and teach others.
- Serves as technology lead for Mathematica projects that include website design and development scope.
- Leads business development and proposal activities for web development work. Includes requirements gathering, technology and solution strategy, writing proposal language, and estimating technology project costs. Collaborates with overall proposal team to ensure technology solutions meet client needs.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, and recommends solutions as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with both internal technical staff and project teams to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Extensive experience in software development, able to meet deadlines, and have strong analytical skills.
- Lead a team of software engineers, including writing code, analyzing data, and contributing to the design and implementation of software.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of web design and development experience
- Minimum 6years of proposal writing experience in the website or systems development technical area.
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable role.
- Experience with Drupal 7 and 9
- Experience using Git for source control Experience working in a Cloud environment, especially AWS.
- Solid knowledge base of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) (including requirements, design, implementation, and testing)
- Experience working with government clients on technology projects, including meeting security and accessibility requirements
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $125,000- $150,000. This position is eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance. Must be able to pass a public trust background investigation.
/In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance./*
Available Locations: *Chicago, IL; Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Remote To select remote as your location, please select "no preference."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs