Thermo Fisher Scientific MS&T Co-Op - Spring 2022 in Cambridge, Massachusetts
MS&T Co-Op - Spring 2022
Location: Cambridge, MA
Shift: Monday-Friday, Full Time
• This is a 5-6 month, Full-Time Co-Op opportunity
• Spring Co-Ops will start in January 2022 and end in June 2022; Fall Co-Ops will start in July 2022 and end in December 2022.
• All Co-Op roles are intended to be on-site; this is not a remote position.
• Your school should have a defined co-op program to participate.
• Some relocation assistance may be provided, as needed.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Viral Vector Services (VVS), part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. The VVS Global Engineering team is a cross functional engineering group supporting over $150 Million in capital investments across locations in Massachusetts and Florida. Based out of Cambridge, MA, the Global Engineering group works to establish engineering standards/systems for the company and introduce new manufacturing technology in addition to capital project execution.
How will you make an impact?
The primary responsibility is to support Manufacturing Sciences and Technology activities such as technology transfer, data trending and analysis, risk assessments, process validations and investigations and small-scale studies in the drug product / fill-finish process of viral vector manufacturing. This position requires close interaction with the MST colleagues, manufacturing, engineering and quality departments among others. This role will focus on technical aspects of ensuring a robust, scalable and efficient manufacturing processes is established to produce late-phase clinical trial and commercial gene therapy products.
What will you do?
• Liaise with other Thermo Fisher sites or clients to generate /or finalize detailed process descriptions, and process flow diagrams to ensure successful scale up or transfer of manufacturing processes.
• Assist in preparing or review MFG documentation for technical accuracy.
• Generate technical memos, reports and risk assessments related to tech transfer of new processes.
• Identify, own and resolve technical process and facility fit issues related to tech transfer activities.
• Gather and analyze data for process parameter trending, root cause investigation of deviations or process validation support.
• Assist with assigned projects, contributing expertise and owning results for assigned tasks.
• Comfortable developing ideas/supporting systems/software platforms for use in a manufacturing environment.
• Conduct comprehensive literature searches, critically appraise and distill scientific information, and effectively communicate responses to external and internal customers inquiries.
• Identify and collect information specific to reported adverse events and document appropriately.
How will you get here?
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Completion of at least two year of study from an accredited higher education institution prior to the internship commencing.
• Degree concentration(s) in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or Biophysics, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical science or related field.
• Must completed the first of the two-semester sequence in Physical Chemistry, or Biochemistry or Organic chemistry. Comparable credential or have been trained or have equivalent course works will be considered.
• Interact daily with the site MST colleagues.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, self-starting, resourceful, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
• Ability to aseptically gown and/or sterile gown as needed.
• Ability to work within a biosafety cabinet and environmental clean rooms.
• Ability to navigate in a manufacturing environment with associated hazards.
• Willing accept and/or participate in additional training in operation of equipment, safe disposal of materials, safety management and accountability, hazard assessment processes, safe transportation of materials between laboratories or work areas, and emergency responses.
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs