Vinfen Purchasing Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Purchasing Manager will direct the corporate-wide purchasing efforts within Vinfen. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the development of best practice purchasing policies and procedures, the operations of purchasing programs (centrally and locally operated), and the negotiation of contracts. The Purchasing Manager will engage Vinfen field staff and other end-users in establhing a customer-centric end-to-end procurement process and also serve as the primary managerial point of contact for outside vendors and internal customers.
The Purchasing Manager will also be responsible for:
- Conducting needs assessments, analyzes spending and purchasing patterns to inform strategic opportunities for cost savings and other advantages.
- Facilitating and leadsing multi-disciplinary teams to provide direction on products and services needed for purchasing consolidation and/or field assignment of purchasing programs.
- Developing and managing one-time and repetitive RFP bid processes.
- Maximizing the cost-effective use of consortia and group purchasing organizations.
- Developing and recommending policies and procedures related to acquisition of all non-salaried expenses, exclusive of Real Estate.
- Directing the administration of purchasing operations at the corporate office. Hires staff appropriate to the position.
- Utilizing staff appropriately with the goal of optimizing effort and achieving operational goals
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vior the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.nfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make dare best fecisions that
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee and ViOrientation rtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with over 3,100 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut. www.vinfen.org/careers
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Purchasing, procurement, Inventory, corporate purchasing,
- Ten to fifteen years' experience, with progressive responsibility covering purchasing, negotiating, logistics, vendor relations, and systems development in a large size business environment. Five or more years' experience managing staff and fostering a team environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of purchasing concepts, theories, and practices.
- Ability to analyze and improve business processes.
- Organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a professional and confidential capacity.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, particularly Excel and Word
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Monday - Friday 9 am to 5 pm
POSITION TYPE: Full time - Regular
Pay Rate: TBD