Actalent Research Associate in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The candidate will support advancement of innovative AAV-based therapeutics by assisting in the design and production of plasmid DNA. The candidate will utilize a variety of molecular and biochemical research methods consisting mainly of molecular cloning techniques along with mammalian cell culture and quantitative assays.
• Work with a dynamic team to generate DNA to be used in novel AAV gene therapy viral vectors
• Work with fellow research staff to develop methods and conduct research in support of vector manufacturing platform
• Design and conduct molecular biology and biochemical experiments
• Troubleshoot and develop new technologies
• Communicate results and research progress during team meetings
• Prepare, write, analyze, and present technical data and reports
• Work as part of a cross-functional team to drive innovation to improve platform and product
pcr dna, pcr, mammalian cell culture, western blot, molecular, AAV, Uv vis, assay development, assay, mass spectrometry, protein purification, chromatography, gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, ion exchange, affinity, cell harvesting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BSc in Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or cognate discipline
• 1-3 years of relevant experience required
• Hands-on experience with DNA cloning methods (PCR, Gel Electrophoresis, Restriction Enzyme Digestion, Ligation, Transformation)
• Other molecular biology and biochemical methods preferred including RT-qPCR, Western Blotting, and reporter assays
• Mammalian cell culture experience preferred
• Strong work ethic required with ability and desire to independently problem solve
• Strong collaboration, communication, and organizational skills
• Interested in science and always thinking of new ideas
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs