PPD Research Scientist - Small Molecule , Method Development , HPLC , Dissolution in Cambridge, Massachusetts
*In labs and health care facilities worldwide- HERE WE ARE *
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As a Research *Scientist, *you will join the Analytical Development groupusing state-of-the-art technologies to help drive cutting-edge analytical support and technology development impacting pharmaceutical science product development. You will work cross-functionally as you use analytical science to help drive efficient development and understanding of processes and products while working onsite at the customer facility.
Additional key responsibilities for the role on site at a major biopharmaceutical company: * Design and perform method development and sample analysis for small molecule Drug Substance (DS) and Drug Product (DP) programs from pre-clinical to Phase 3 development * Author and/or review analytical protocols and technical reports * Participate in general laboratory management, including instrument installation/qualification, general laboratory housekeeping, laboratory log book and training maintenance
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
_What To Expect Next_ We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition department will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
*This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.*
*Education and Experience: *
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience. OR Masters degree with preferred 6 years experience
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
- Hands-on experience in small molecule in support of process development/scale up activities and formulation development
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as: HPLC, GC toward stability indicating method development (assay/content uniformity/impurity method), spectroscopic techniques toward structural elucidation/characterization (Mass Spectrometry and NMR), Dissolution method development and testing for drug product, Karl Fischer water content testing
- Working knowledge of Empower, Open Lab, and ELN
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment /PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:/
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardouselements, including infectious agents,typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
Organization: *US BU
Title: Research Scientist - Small Molecule , Method Development , HPLC , Dissolution
Location: MA-Cambridge-FSP Cambridge MA
Requisition ID: 190412
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs