Harvard University Researcher II Humanities in Cambridge, Massachusetts
47216BRAuto req ID:47216BRJob Code:RS0056 Researcher II Humanities Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Content DeveloperSalary Grade:056Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:BA/BS and at least two years related experience or coursework Additional Qualifications:
• A background in finance/accounting is preferred as the Content Developer may work on courses which target this subject matter
• Intellectual curiosity, a passion for education, and a collaborative spirit
• Ability to learn and utilize technical abilities of the course platform
• Experience with learning design or course design is a plus
Prior work or research experience that demonstrates:
• Capability to identify priorities, balance competing demands, and manage work to deadline
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to tell a story from disparate pieces of information
• Attention to detail
• Facilitation experience
• Stakeholder management
Additional Information:Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/and learn about other Employment Opportunities.Department:HBXPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Research Duties & Responsibilities:
The Content Developer works as part of a matrixed team to develop novel online learning experiences for HBX, the Harvard Business School’s digital learning initiative. Each individual’s specific portfolio of responsibility will evolve with organizational need and as new courses are initiated.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
• Work as an integral part of the HBX team to develop courses with HBS faculty members.
• Provide expertise to faculty and other stakeholders following the development of a comprehensive understanding of HBX course platform capabilities, user experience guidelines, and pedagogical possibilities.
• Work with faculty to articulate learning objectives that fit the product/go-to-market strategy and create the course outline.
• Draft a wide variety of written content, including expository text, scripts for faculty video recordings, question prompts, and exercises.
• Serve as HBX point-person for faculty members regarding content development.
• Analyze large amounts of existing academic material, synthesize concepts, and propose how they will be integrated into the course.
• Develop cases and expert practitioner stories. Shape the integration of the resulting material into the course.
• Partner with colleagues in creative development to record, edit, and animate video content.
• Work with User Experience to define new platform functionality based on course needs.
• Provide regular updates to Course Production Manager and team.
• Provide course knowledge to product managers in support of go-to-market strategy.
• Consult with marketing team as they develop subject-specific short-form content, including blog and social media posts.
During the inaugural cohorts of a new course, the Content Developer will:
• Respond to content-specific inquiries from current students.
• Aid the platform development team in troubleshooting issues at the intersection of course content and technology.
• Maintain course content in the HBX platform.
• Evaluate student participation in the course.
• Articulate priorities for the ongoing refinement and enhancement of course content by studying student activity and feedback; make recommendations to faculty and product management.
• Other duties as necessary.
School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.