AbbVie Senior Scientist II, Translational Immunology Discovery (TTID) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Our immunology research group in Transformational and Translational Immunology Discovery (TTID) focuses on identifying new targets for treating autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases through screenings and omics analysis of human disease tissue-derived datasets. We are also in charge of the validation of targets using in vitro and in vivo experimental approaches. We are seeking a highly-skilled, motivated, and dedicated individual with Immunology laboratory experience both in vitro as well as in vivo. Candidates with demonstrated ability of leading early drug discovery program, are highly desired. This position requires passion, attention to details, hands-on experience, and teamwork.
· Seeking an outstanding immunologist with a proven track record of leading original research as evidenced by significant conceptual and technical advances and high-impact publications.
· Identification, prioritization and validation of potential novel targets for the treatment of inflammatory conditions.
· Thoroughly review literature data, with the ability to capture the essence of target biology and conceptualize target therapeutic hypotheses and develop strategic plans for target validation.
· Design, develop, evaluate and implement well-controlled in vitro and in vivo studies to interrogate target and drug biology, and generate proof of concept data supporting target Go/No Go decisions.
· Planning and coordination of experiments with internal and external team members and facility operations.
· Demonstrate creative “out of box” thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
· Analysis and presentation of data, providing scientific interpretations and recommendations in lab meetings and project team meetings.
· Maintaining accurate and well-organized records including laboratory notebooks.
· Supporting development of protocols, study reports and data presentations by junior scientists.
· People skills to mentor/supervise team of one or more junior scientists in the department and collaborative departments .
Sr. Scientist II - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 12 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, PhD and typically 4 years of experience.
Principal Research Scientist I - BS or equivalent education and extensive, typically 14+ years of experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 12+ years of experience; PhD with typically 6+ years of experience in area or scientific area of discipline
Strong background in molecular and cellular immunology, specifically in human auto-immune diseases, with an emphasis on T cell and fibroblast biology.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
- AbbVie Jobs