Harvard University Staff Assistant, Global Initiative in Cambridge, Massachusetts
51049BRAuto req ID:51049BRJob Code:403033 Staff Assistant III Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Staff Assistant, Global InitiativeSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:053Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:2+ years related experience; education beyond high school may count toward experience.Additional Qualifications:BA/BS strongly preferred. Office technology skills a must – including: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, with an ability to deliver high level internet research This position requires an energetic and highly responsive individual with an interest and positive attitude towards the responsibilities required of this entry-level position. The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, as well as organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service. The individual must be both resourceful and collaborative. Candidates must display professionalism, confidence and poise in working with diverse constituents on campus and those visiting from abroad. Must have commitment to quality, excellence and be detail oriented. Foreign language skills and an international orientation are preferred.
Additional Information:Our expectations are that employees of HBS adhere to and represent our Community Values. They are:
• Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
• Honesty and integrity in dealing with all members of the community
• Accountability for personal behavior
Cover Letter is required
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture and learn about other Employment Opportunities; or view our video.
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Department:Global InitiativePre-Employment Screening:Identity Schedule:M-F 9-5Job Function:General Administration Job-Specific Responsibilities:Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages complex calendars and scheduling for Boston-based leadership, as well as department visits and events. This will also include setup, materials, catering, note-taking, etc.
• Works with faculty support specialists, overseas administrators, and multiple on-campus operational departments to ensure the execution of high quality programs, meetings, events and visits. Works closely with Coordinator to develop programs for bi-annual Executive Director meeting weeks.
• Manages internal and external vendor relationships.
• Maintains office systems, including supplies and inventory, correspondence and mailings, filing and record keeping, as well as department wide reporting in a number of areas.
• Pays invoices, and processes and tracks expenses and reimbursements.
• Maintains general updates to website and intranet, working closely with Assistant Director.
• Provide complex travel support for both domestic visitors and international travel.
• Works closely with Assistant Director, providing support on annual refresh cycle for Global Advisory Boards and biennial board meetings.
• Support team with other duties and projects as required.School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:
Since 1999, Harvard Business School Global Initiative has established ten Global Research Centers and four regional offices to help faculty gain access to companies and the most interesting management opportunities globally. Anchored by a five-person team based in Boston with close to 65 staff sitting in 15 cities around the world contributing to the school’s global strategy and research. We play a critical role in the School’s efforts to build a deep understanding of and expertise in global business practice and innovation.
The Boston-based Staff Assistant for this dynamic group will provide a broad range of high quality administrative and programmatic support to the core staff on campus as well as the team worldwide. He/she will often serve as the first point of contact to a diverse constituent base including faculty, staff, alumni, board advisors, and other Harvard constituents, and over time will be able to answer and manage a broad range of inquiries connecting people with the appropriate resources or project owners.