Harvard University Staff Assistant II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
55410BRAuto req ID:55410BRJob Code:403020 Staff Assistant II Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Staff Assistant IISub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade (https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges) :051Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:
· One year of experience of office and customer service experience or equivalent. Education may count towards experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
· Interest in the arts essential
· Strong skills in dealing with the public and in working in a busy, fast-paced environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
· Self-direction and ability to take direction from others
· Ability to anticipate administrative needs
· Strong attention to detail and organization
· Ability to manage multiple complex tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining flexibility, patience, tact, and diplomacy
· Must be punctual
· Open minded and appreciates multiple perspectives
· Must be able to handle sensitive information with discretion.
· Experiences with databases helpful
Additional Information: This is a fully benefits eligible, fulltime position.
Information around the benefits' package can be found here: https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards
Applicants of all races, ability, class, sexuality, gender expression and identity, religion, education, national origin, and background are encouraged to apply
All formal offers will be made by FAS HR.
Department:MusicPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:General Administration Job-Specific Responsibilities:
· Reception: First point of contact for the Music Department. Triage and respond to email, mail, telephone, and in-person inquiries. Notify faculty of visitor and guest arrivals. Receive and process incoming mail and deliveries. Assist with outgoing mail as needed, including federal express and special deliveries. Distribute incoming mail and update mailboxes as needed. Provides information for faculty, students and general public about activities in the department.
· Office Space/Building: Ensure the clean and organized appearance of office common areas, reception, and supply storage. Monitors bulletin boards. Responds to classroom needs including contacting Media and Piano staff for assistance. Schedules rooms for one-time and semester-long needs using “RoomBook”. Monitor practice rooms and key distribution. Manage instrument lockers. Coordinates the use and borrowing of instruments in the Early Instrument Room Perform daily office opening and closing procedures. Handles purchasing and set-up of receptions. Manages the photocopier for the department.
· Events: Assists the Manager of Events with Harvard student and outside contracts. Coordinates parking, security and student hiring for a range of events. During graduate admission season, assists with scheduling meetings.
· Vendor Relations: Purchase supplies via procurement system. Maintain inventory of office supplies, kitchen supplies, and stationery. Work with vendors for timely and accurate delivery of goods and services.
· Problem-solve for issues as they arise and anticipate administrative needs of the office.
· Provide administrative support to others as needed in the areas of student services, programs/events, and communications.
School/Unit:Faculty of Arts and Sciences EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:
The Front Office Staff Assistant is a member of the Music Department team. The position is a first point of contact, serves as an information resource for colleagues, students, and guests, and collaborates with the support staff. The position helps to ensure an efficient work environment and is responsible for a range of administrative duties in support of department initiatives.