Comcast UX Designer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast's Smart Network Platform (SNP) organization aims to revolutionize network engineering at Comcast by providing an orchestration and telemetry platform to drive consistency and standardization, eliminate manual changes, increase network visibility, and ultimately minimize customer impacting incidents.
SNP's Product team seeks a passionate technologist who shares our excitement for networking, software development, design and building delightfully intuitive, performant, and disruptive products.
This individual will play a critical role in shaping the user experience and interface of the SNP, leveraging solid design principles, artistic creativity, and technical knowledge to design and develop compelling, immersive interactions, while serving to provide aesthetic and functional guidance to development and testing teams.
Conceptualize intuitive, engaging user experiences and interactions with a strong focus on simplicity and accessibility.
Construct user flows, wireframes, story boards, mockups, prototypes, and animation to communicate and test concepts.
Utilize responsive design principles to deliver finalized designs optimized for various platforms and breakpoints.
Deliver customized illustrations, icons, logos, and other creative deliverables in vector format.
Collaborate and communicate with other designers, developers, and engineers to faithfully implement and realize your designs.
Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate on design and interaction concepts.
Utilize sound design principles to establish and promote a unified product vision.
5 years of relevant experience designing user interfaces for desktop and mobile platforms
A stunning portfolio highlighting impeccable design and illustration examples showcasing your unique vision and aesthetic interests.
Proficient with Adobe's suite of Creative Cloud products, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD
Experience with Sketch, InVision, Axure, Moqups, Balsamiq or other wireframing and prototyping applications
Understanding of web accessibility standards and best practices
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer