Beth Israel Lahey Health Senior Cloud Engineer in Charlestown, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for all technological duties associated with public cloud computing: design,
planning, management, optimization, maintenance and support.
Candidates should have strong experience and understanding of Amazon Web Services and its relevant services. Multi-cloud experience is preferably.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will participate in
building secure, reliable, and cost-effective solutions. They will administer and maintain technologies, ensuring availability, reliability, and business need satisfaction. Familiarity with security concepts and tools (authentication, authorization, Cognito, KMS, Active Directory Federation Services, database Security etc.) is vital. Proficiency in AWS Cloud Architecture and Application migration required.
The position requires facility with the Hashi Terraform infrastructure as code environment. Candidates need strong communication skills and the ability to build/maintain/grow new relationships across teams. Must be able to work directly with end users possessing varying degrees of familiarity with the technologies.
Define and implement policies for cloud-based systems
Clearly communicating with IT and non-IT professionals to ensure effective use of all cloud services
Review AWS Cost Explorer, Cloudability, Trusted Advisor and other tools to provide optimization of all resource use/cost.
Be well-versed in the most popular cloud providers, platforms and software suites used by the average business user.
Experience with monitoring systems such as CloudWatch or other similar tools.
Fluency with one or more scripting languages (bash, python, json, etc.)
Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols.
Strong understanding of SSO Integration, AD and Security Groups.
Strong ability to learn new technologies quickly and in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to drive and assist in the implementation of services to standardize cloud environment.
Assist with development of policy and documentation.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT or relevant field. required.
5-8 years related work experience required in as a IT Systems Engineer (any discipline) at least 3 years working in a Cloud Engineering
- Experience with building applications with serverless architecture on AWS platforms using Athena, Presto, Glue, Lambda. Experience
integrating cloud services with on-premises technologies
Minimum 5 years of experience with AWS Cloud Services (DMS, S3, EC2, RDS, VPC, KMS, SNS, et. al.)
Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
Facility with managing and implementing Hashi Terraform infrastructure as code.
AWS Certifications, associate or professional level
Translates business requirements into design and operationalization of cloud solutions, adhering to the principles, patterns and
guardrails established by the enterprise architecture
- Healthcare domain knowledge is a huge plus
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and
recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative,
creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director
provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients,
families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment
and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
High performance computing experience (Slurm, Parallel Cluster).
Understanding of disaster recovery, business Continuity and ransomware protection strategies.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs