KARL STORZ Endoscopy America, Inc. Quality Inspector I - III, Full-time, 2nd Shift in Charlton, Massachusetts
Primary duty is to perform functional, visual, and dimensional final inspection of Flexible Endoscopes or other related products and components, in accordance with established procedures. Individual is responsible for accurately entering test data into SAP database while maintaining inspection documentation, worksheets and device history records. Individual may also support Incoming Inspection, which includes performing dimensional and visual inspections for purchased sub-assemblies and components.
- Able to communicate and interface effectively concerning quality issues with peers and supervisors, both within and outside of the QA group. Must be adaptable and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and work situations.
- Must recognize and observe QSR AND ISO requirements.
- Capable of making accept/reject decisions based on established procedural criteria.
- Overtime is required as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years in manufacturing assembly or quality control inspection and test experience.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical measurement instruments, including microscopes.
- Previous experience with medical devices and QSR/ISO requirements is desired.
- Eyesight sufficient to make judgments on visual quality of optical and other devices.
- Basic computer skills required. Experience with SAP preferred.
- Company Matched 401k
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- 3 Weeks Vacation plus 8 sick days
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Leadership Development (not for every position – management only)
- Green Belt / Black Belt Certification Programs – KSE
- KARL STORZ University and other training and development programs.
- Fitness Reimbursement $200
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K, company matches 60% up to 6% of your annual income
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
Location: Charlton, MA
Job Code: 9817
Shift: 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 midnight
Employment Duration: Employee Full Time
Pay Grade: US-B07